45

Savannah's pov

I had been gone from Magcon from almost a month now. Working extra shifts and all getting ready for James' third birthday. But today was Tuesday. The tuesday before his birthday. Clara and Charles were here with me at my house because they were going to watch James while I go birthday shopping. It was currently 9:12 am and I was gonna be heading to the store around 10:00. But right now I was cleaning my room.

I was cleaning my room until I heard my phone go off and it was cameron, "Me, the jacks, and sammy will be there thursday. your dads picking us up thursday. and sorry but Nate couldn't come. he got sick with the flu. he's really sorry." I meantally groaned with frustration and laid my phone on my bed and continued picking up in my room.

I was almost done picking up in my room until I heard a knock at my door frame. I turned around and it was Nate. I said, "how'd you get here? Cameron texted me and said you got sick with the flu?" "He lied about that part but him and the other boys will be here thursday. I just wanted to be here today. And Charles and Clara said you were going shopping for James' birthday. Can I come?"

"Sure. I just gotta get dressed babe." I went into my closet and found some jeans and a shirt and went into the bathroom and got changed. Once I came out, I went back to my closet and found my black vans. I put them on and went and found my wristlet. Nate said, "My luggage is downstairs. We can bring it up later. And where are we going?"

"Party city, walmart, target. and where ever i can find James' stuff for his party."

"Okay. And you look good today."

"Don't I everyday?"

"DUH!."

I took his hand and took him downstairs. I hugged James good bye and Nate did too. I told them I would be back later and not to hesitate to call me.

I headed into the garage and Nate followed me. I took the keys off the hook and got in the car. On the drivers side. Nate got in on the passenger side and when he got in shut his door, I backed out of the garage and headed to target.

*at target*

Once we got into target, where i work, Nate offered to push me in the cart. I couldn't resist so I got in and told him, "Go to starbucks. I need a drink." He pushed me over to starbucks and I told them my order. I was fixing to give the lady my money until Nate gave her his card.

I shook my head and Nate pushed over to the pickup station. The lady handed me my drink and I said, "Nate, go to the pharmacy. My friend wants to meet you." "Oh jesus." "it's fine. she's married to her high school sweetheart and wants to meet you." He pushed me to the aisle and I pointed him to the pharmacy. When we got there, I saw my friend Kameisha and other friend Precious was working. I told them, "Kameisha, Precious. I'm back. They squealed and came too the counter and said, "So is this the guy you've been talking about? Um Nate isn't it." "Yea girl. Nate, Kameisha, Precious. Kameisha and Precious, Nate." "How long have you been together?" "Since my birthday?" "How old are you Nate?" "20..." "Oh whale. You looked older. Like 25." "No. Her dad probably wouldn't approve of me then." "Oh well me and Precious have to go back to work. We'll see you when you come back to work which is..." "Next monday." "Okay. were both working that day. what's your hours?" "7-4." "Okay." "Well me and Nate have shopping to do. I'll see you monday."

Nate pushed the cart off and said, "Can i babysit James monday?"

"Sure." He smiled and pushed the cart off to the toddler clothes area.

When we got there, I saw a few shirts that I could get James. Nate saw him some pants and got him those. We headed off to the checkout because I didn't need anything else from here and neither did Nate.

Once we got through at checkout, I tried paying again and he wouldn't let me. I shook my head in dismay and grabbed the bags and went out to the car. I put the bags in the trunk and waited for Nate to get in the car. "Party city is the next on our list and its like two stores down. We can walk if you want." He nodded and we got out of the car and I led him to Party City.

*at party city*

I had been looking around for about 10 minutes to find some streamers and couldn't find any. I was disappointed and walked out.

We headed back to the car and got in. I drove to dollar tree, hoping to find what I needed.

*at dollar tree*

When we got to dollar tree, me and Nate both got out and headed into the store. Once we got in there, the party supplies were right at the front. I went over and got a cart and went to the party supplies. I got 1 happy birthday candle pack, a 7ft foot happy birthday banner, 16 party blowouts (for Cameron and Walker), 2 plate packs, 3 packs of cups, 2 bowls, 3 packs of forks, 2 packs of spoons, and 1 pack of knives. Once we were done, I headed towards check out. This time, I paid.

Nate carried the stuff out to the car and put the things in the trunk. He asked to drive home if I gave him directions. I got in the passenger seat and handed him the keys. He started up the car and pulled out of the driveway. He then put his hand on my thigh, ( ) like that, once we got down the road.

*at home*

Once we got home, Nate and Charles brought in the bags and then Charles and Clara left because they both had to go to work. I put the bags in the guest room and headed into the living room where Nate was watching CSI: MIAMI on tv. I sat down beside him. We were watching the show in a comfortable silence until Nate said, "What do you think about us having a kid together. Don't worry. I don't want one right now. I was just wondering for future purposes. In case we do."

"We have to be together for a while because maybe I do wanna be with you for a while. Scratch that i know I wanna be with you for a while."

"That's good. And by the way, you'd be the best mom. like you are right now to James."

"Awh Nate."

"I know but shh. I'm watching my show."

"Guys these days."

*Saturday at James' party*

We had just started the party when my dad came in the house. I told him that Nate was here and he said, "I'm scared i'm gonna scare him away." "Said no dad ever. He's over there with Sammy and Cameron. Talking about some guy things."

*about 35 minutes later*

I got Nate to get everyones attention so I could say something, "I'm glad you all are all here to celebrate James' third birthday. A lot of you have only known me and James for about 7 months. And this means a lot to me and him. But right now James wants to eat cake and open presents. So lets get on with that."

*after the party* (sorry for the time skip, writers block but i have something planned for the next chapter)

every body had just left and Nate was upstaris giving James a bath. I was finishing cleaning the kitchen up when I remembered I forgot to lock the doors. I went to the back door and locked the door. And went to the front door and locked the door.

I was getting tired so I headed upstairs and got dressed for bed. When I finished getting dressed, Nate came out of the bathroom with James and took him to bed. He came back about 30 minutes later and got into bed with me and siad, "You know you truly are beautiful."

"I know. Now lets go to bed. I love you."

I reached over and turned off my lamp and the snuggled into Nate and fell asleep.

the next chapter will be amazing! guess in the comments what you think it is!