Someone else.

(SURPRISE. HEY GUYS.)

"If you love me so much," Aman choked on his words, "How could you feel anything for someone else?" I lifted my eyes to meet his, the pain in his voice spearing like daggers through my heart. Aman was perfect for me. He was sweet, and he always made me laugh, and he was intelligent. "Who? Who even is this guy?" He clasped his hands together in front of him.

I took a deep breath, trying to make words he would understand. "You don't know them," I whispered, focusing back on the floor. "And even if you did, it wouldn't matter."

"It wouldn't matter?" He laughed. "Lilly, we're together for just over a year, and you tell me that you are feeling things for some other guy?" He raised his hands over his head in frustration, "How the hell does that 'not matter'!?" My breath hitched in my throat, and it must have been loud enough that he heard it, because as I looked up there was nothing but concern on his face.
"I'm sorry," he offered. "I didn't mean to yell at you. I just..." His sentence trailed off as he walked over to where I was sitting. "I thought you were sure about us......"
Suddenly, there was a second pair of feet in my line of vision, and his warm fingers found a place beneath my chin, tilting my gaze up to look at him. "Lilly" He began. "You make me feel like no one else in this world would be right for me. It's as if you are the person I've been missing, the reason why I could never work it out with anyone else."

He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest, letting my tears fall and likely to ruin his shirt. I felt every soft rumble of his body as he continued to speak into my messy hair. "I chose you. And I will always choose you. But if that feeling isn't mutual-" he sniffled, starting to get emotional. "If I don't make you feel complete, the way you make me feel, then I am not going to beg you to stay."

"Are you trying to break up with me so that I don't have the chance to break up with you?" I pulled away from him just enough to look up into his eyes. They were clouded with unshed tears, a little swollen from rubbing at them earlier. His nose was a soft shade of red. He looked down at me, a sad smile drawn across his lips. The same lips that would whisper 'I love you' against my bare shoulders late at night. The lips that would shower me with kisses on my grumpy days, causing me to break out in laughter. His lips were a God sent. He was God sent.
"I was just trying to lighten the mood?" I said, unsure of my own intentions with my previous statement. I wanted him to fight for me, but I didn't need him to.
"Look. Lil," he moved his hands to my shoulders, cold air sweeping over the spots where they'd previously been sitting. "I promise that I will only ever love you more than I do in this moment." He paused, probably trying to gather his thoughts. "So even if I have to let you go now, I will. It will hurt like hell but if there is someone out there that makes you happier than I do, you deserve the chance to be with them. Just know that I will be here, loving you until the very end. I promise."
I couldn't hold back the tears in my eyes anymore. Even after telling him that I may have been in love with someone else, all Aman wanted was to see me happy. He was willing to let me go, to lose me, just for the sake of seeing me with a smile on my face. That was love right there.