Chapter 17- Finally Home

It's April, meaning that a winner has been chosen. Congratulations to...

Jileyloverforlife!

I'll message you on Wattpad to get the information, and congratulations again.

Riley's POV

I let out a breath of relief as we pulled into the driveway. I had gotten discharged today from the hospital. The week I had spent in the hospital was a weight on my shoulders, that I didn't even realize was there. But when I exited with Emily and my mom and dad, I felt the weight lifted off, and it was much easier to stand. The whole time I was there, I was constantly afraid of something bad popping up, like I was poisoned or something, and spending my last minutes there. Although, returning home gave me mixed feelings. On the one hand, I could go watch dance rehearsals and be at the studio again, which if get to dance at in 2 weeks time, but on the other hand, being home meant questioning from the police, and having to watch them search my room, and the house as often as they could get permits. But at least I was out of the infectious hospital. I always feel like I'm going to catch some contagious deathly disease or something when I'm there. When the car was turned off, I was out in the blink of an eye. In my mind, the sooner I got inside, the sooner I got to be at the studio again. Even if I still can't dance. My mom scoffed and rolled her eyes, before opening the passenger side door and climbing out. "Seriously Riley, you're supposed to be taking it easy." She complained to me.
"Sorry." I said. Emily laughed slightly, and dad just rolled his eyes, both of them amused by my excitement. My dad unlocked the front door, and opened it, letting me and Emily inside, before following, mom just behind. I kicked off my shoes, and turned, running up the stairs.
"Where are you going?" Mom called up, sounding exasperated.
"The studio." I yelled back.

Emily's POV

Mom sighed, turning away from the stairs, and taking her coat off, clearly trying to ignore the fact that her daughter, that was only discharged from the hospital an hour ago, was already heading to a dance studio. I laughed quietly again, and dad chuckled beside me. "Emily, hun, can you drive your sister?" Mom asked me, as she pulled her shoes off.
"Sure." I replied, putting my coat, which I had been about to hang up, back on. I grabbed my purse and keys off the table, then heard my phone ding. I pulled it out of my purse to see a text notification. Opening it up, I found a text with a picture attached.
Unknown- you should've looked closer at the hospital records. Don't worry, it's not too late.
I maximized the photo of the hospital records, reading the name at the top.
Pells, Riley
I just saw her hospital records. But this person, whoever they are, told me to take a closer look.
Birthday: October 3, 1999
Age: 16
Height: 5 feet 3 inches
Weight: 116lb
Records:
- Fractured wrist, September 10, 2003
- Tonsil removal, March 21, 2010
I didn't understand. I knew all this stuff. I kept reading, but stopped short at the second last jot note.
- Abortion, January 17, 2014
Upon reading that, I think my heart stopped. There was obviously something Ri wasn't telling me, but I plan to find out.