Chapter 25- The Money

Emily's POV

The door creaked, and Riley slipped inside studio A, putting her bag in her cubby. She stepped in Kate's office, said something to her, and handed her the costume deposit she had picked up, which was her excuse to leave in the middle of dance. She then walked out, and sat on one of the benches just off the dance floor, watching seeing as she couldn't dance. Her eyes met mine and she gave a nod. I smiled. That was our signal. She had gotten the money. "Let's run through it again!" I called out loudly, and we all got in our starting positions. The dance was flawless, except for the fact that Tiffany, who was an alternate but was stepping in for Riley, was still learning the part, but that's understandable, but the other girls were stressed about the $10,000 issue. I had to tell them soon, but not at dance. There was extra tension in the room because today was the deadline, but everything was alright. It was all fine. We ended in our positions, and held it for a couple seconds, breathing heavily. Then we all moved out of the formation. I smiled at everyone, still breathing heavily from just dancing full-out. "That's was great!" I exclaimed, still smiling. "You know what, Nationals isn't for a couple of months still, and we've pretty much got this dance perfect, so let's go early, alright?" I told everyone. The room erupted in joy at my words, and everyone slowly started packing up to leave. I headed to the change room with the girls, and Riley grabbed her bag before following. I made sure to change extra slowly, and the others picked up I wanted to talk in private, and copied my actions. Amanda and Thalia left together talking, and I sighed. Now to tell them.
"Today's the deadline!" Giselle said as soon as the door to the change room closed. "How are we supposed to get the money?!" She asked, worried. Riley turned, and pulled out a very full envelope. She handed it to me, and I opened it to reveal a huge amount of paper bills, a bunch securing together in groups. I pulled one group out, and counted the $20 bills to get eventually land on $500. I then passed the envelope, and we all started counting, until finally reaching 10,000.
"Where did you get all this money?" Chloe asked, amazed.
"Anonymous source." Riley responded. The other girls stopped for a second, and Riley rolled her eyes. "Don't worry, it's legal." She assured them. They nodded, and we put all the money back in the envelope.

James's POV

I heard footsteps, and saw Beth sit beside me on the floor. "I heard what happened to Riley." She said, looking straight ahead, and smirking.
"It's not your business." I responded, ready to leave the music room, and her presence, already.
"You know, I have a way to guarantee nothing like that will ever happen again." She said deviously, however that got me interested.
"I'm listening." I said, turning my head to face her, and she smiled.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Emily's POV

Crickets sounded as we walked down the driveway. It was 11:30, which is close to the deadline, but we didn't want to possibly get caught by our parents. Riley opened the mailbox, and I placed the envelope of money inside. She then closed it, and turned to look at me. "Let's hope this is the end of it." I said as we walked back up the driveway.