Clary gets braces (featuring Isabelle)

"Just sit back and relax," the orthodontist told Clary as she slid into the seat in the centre of the room. Around her there were two women and one man, all rushing around to sort out there equipment before the procedure began.

From the chair in the corner Izzy smirked through her teeth, which were as straight as Jace. Clary's on the other hand, were a little more like Alec. That's what had landed her there.

"And one day you'll look as beautiful as me!" Izzy said, leaning back in her seat and pulling out her phone to take a picture of Clary sat on the chair. The man scowled at her as she put an apron on Clary, but Izzy didn't seem to notice.

"Why did I bring you with me?" Clary asked.

"Because Jace would have given you worse, Simon is at the academy and you like me more than Alec," Izzy concluded, putting her phone away.

As instructed Clary laid back in her seat and closed her eyes at the shine of the light, holding up her middle finger to Izzy when she heard her mutter "coward."

One of the women put a mould in Clary's mouth and told her to bite down. She did as instructed, but heard a shriek and the woman pull away, the mould falling to the floor.

"Not me!" she shrieked, trying to compose herself. Izzy was trying not to laugh from the corner.

"Sorry!" Clary gasped, springing from her seat, cheeks bright red, "I didn't mean..."

"Don't worry," the woman sighed, cupping her finger in her hand and letting the other woman take over while the man handed her tools. They got the mould successfully in her mouth this time, and after the shape of her mouth was taken they put a paste over her teeth which Clary made the mistake of tasting (lemons they said... that was not lemons.)

By the time the braces were fitted to her teeth Izzy was in hysterics, and when she got up from the chair and looked in the mirror Clary felt like crying.

"It's not that bad," Izzy said, though she was clearly lying, but Clary knew that if she'd agreed to get braces it'd end up this way.

They left the orthodontist after arranging the next appointment, and by then Izzy had calmed down.

"Look, how about we go to that Indian restaurant you like and..."

"I can't eat yet," Clary said, feeling rather miserable.

"Then how about we go buy some comic books and you can try and explain to me what is going on," Izzy suggested, and Clary face lit up.

---

"What are you doing?" Jace asked when he walked into Clary's room, expecting to find her alone but instead being met by Clary and Izzy lying on her bed with a book between them. "What is that?"

"Manga!" Clary said, not hiding her excitement or the fact that she couldn't talk properly, though he didn't want to point that out while she looked so happy. No, he would save teasing her about her new braces until later.

"Clary's teaching me to read it," Izzy said, though she didn't look as bored as Jace thought she might. Maybe this was something that could keep her out of the kitchen.

With a sigh, Jace shrugged and left the girls alone.

---

I would like to call this I got braces today and so am inflicting the same pain on Clary because I'm mean.

Literally you cannot chew and they hurt and are uncomfortable and the stuff you put on your teeth tastes HORRIBLE!

so yeah this was a one-shot from experience

Who else has braces? Let's share the pain and discomfort

My friend was very happy when I got them though...

Wait. What friends?

I have turquoise (or jade green) thingys on them. What colour does everyone else with braces have? (I imagine Clary would get black. Or maybe shadowhunters have to get black ones by default because its dress code)

Wait? Do shadowhunters have a dress code

Welcome to my school, where literally all we wear is black and red...

Its great I tell you

MARSHADUCKSA