Chapter 15

Tom's POV

Jordan, of course, had to leave to stream. I invited Sonja and Tucker to the party, and waited for 10 to stroll around.

1 New Message From:
Jordan

Jordan: Hey, I'm picking you up in 20 minutes. It's a causal party
Tom: K, I invited Sonjia and Tucker
Jordan: You're telling me this now?
Tom: Yes
Jordan: ...Fine, tell them I'm picking you all up in 20
Tom: K

I put down my phone and got ready. Jordan arrived 20 minutes later, just like he said he would.

"I'm excited, I've never met Mark and he's, like, famous!" Sonja fan-girled.

"I get shotgun!" I said, hopping in the front with Jordan. Sonja and Tucker climbed in the back, and we were on our way.

I could hear Sonja and Tucker talking in the backseat. I just drowned out their voices. Jordan turned up the volume to his radio, just enough so you could hear a soft tune. I looked over at him.

I loved the way his dark brown hair glistened when the streetlights reflected against it. I loved his unshaven face, and tired eyes.

I've never told Jordan, but I could tell he didn't exactly love his appearance. I wish I could make him see that someone loves him just the way he is.

I remember how this morning, before he realized I was awake, he looked in my mirror, almost disappointed. I started to inch my hand closer to his.

"What about you Tom?" Tucker asked. Shit, I wasn't paying attention. I pulled both of my hands back into my lap. I just ignored him.

"Hello, Earth to Tom?" I heard Sonja tease.

"What? Sorry, I was listening to music," I lied.

"Aren't you excited to meet Mark?" Tucker asked. He sounded like a little kid. I didn't think this was such a big deal.

"Uh, sure. I just guess I see him as another person, not some celebrity. Besides, we know Jordan, and he has practically the same amount of subscribers as Mark does," I explained to them.

"True, but still," Sonja tried to argue. I looked over, to see Jordan blushing. He stayed silent though. He was always pretty quiet when he drove, in order to pay attention to the road.

"And then we could all collab with him, and... WAIT! Jordan, who else is coming to this party?" Tucker asked.

"I don't really know. Mark said it was a small party, so I wouldn't expect too much, bud," Jordan told him. I met his eyes in his rearview mirror. They quickly darted away from mine. I looked over to see him fidget in his seat.

"How much farther?" Sonja whined.

"We've been driving for thirty minutes," Jordan said.

"I know, but how much farther?" she whined again.

"Like, five minutes," Jordan responded. Tucker and Sonja squealed in the backseat.

"Guys, I'm sure he'll be just as glad to meet you, but play it cool, okay?" Jordan joked with them.

I laughed with him. I've started to realize I laugh at everything he says now. I can't stop thinking about him. Am... Am I developing a crush on him? No, I can't be. Jordan's straight, and if I get a crush on him I'll just be torturing myself. We'll never be a thing, even if we were a thing, we would break up one day, and our friendship would never be the same.

"We're here," Jordan told us, parking his car. Tucker and Sonja quickly hoped out, practically jumping up and down.

Jordan walked around and opened my door for me.

"Thanks," I told him.

"Sure thing," he said. "Hey, are you okay?" he asked.

"Um, yeah why?" I asked him. Did I do something wrong?

"You were just really quiet the whole ride. You only said, like, 3 things," he explained.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just thinking," I said. That wasn't a lie, it just wasn't the whole truth either.

"About?" he asked.

'You,' I thought to myself. "Oh, uh, my trip back to England, that whole situation," I lied to him. I wish I could've just told him the truth.

"Oh, don't worry about that. I can help you, and I'm sure Tucker and Sonja would be glad to help you move back too. Besides, we're gonna have fun tonight," he told me, nudging my arm.

Jordan and I walked up together, Sonja and Tucker following us like little puppy dogs.