Chapter 44

Jordan's POV

"Cookie just loves you!" Ro giggled, patting the French bulldog's belly. I've been ignoring Tom for at least two weeks now. He tries to text me everyday, but he promised me he'd stay away from James. He completely disregarded my request the first day I left. How could I trust him?

I snapped a selfie with the puppy, before sitting up to continue shooting videos with Ro.

I quickly posted the selfie on twitter, simply captioning it 'Puppy dog.'

Halfway through recording a cereal challenge, my phone buzzed. Tom had responded to the tweet.

@ProSyndicate
@CaptainSparklez you did not!!!

A feeling of guilt surged through my veins. I've been ignoring him for a long time, over one stupid thing.

I reluctantly hit the reply button.

@CaptainSparklez
@ProSyndicate not mine, I have commitment issues 😭

"Ro?" I asked. I didn't know who else to turn to. I couldn't ask for relationship advice from Sonja or Tucker, then they'd know.

"Yes?" she asked, stroking her sleeping puppy's head.

"How does one continue a relationship with their best friend?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" she asked me, watching me as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Like, I'm best friends with someone, and I love them so much. And I want to take it farther with them, yet I don't want to ruin the relationship I already have with them... Ya know?" I tried to explain.

"Yeah... I get it completely," she said, glancing up at me. I looked down at my phone, jumping when I felt her soft lips brush against my cheek.

"We've only known each other for one week, but your just such an awesome person," Ro continued, crossing her legs on the couch.

I've messed up. Big time.

"Oh, I uh-" I stopped myself. She could be my beard. No, I didn't want to use her like that, and I didn't want to make Tom confused.

"I'm glad you feel the same way!" I finally finished my sentence. "But... Maybe we could take it slow, cause I really don't want to ruin our friendship... And-" I tried to explain, trying to dig my way out of this mess.

"Yeah, yeah,  I totally get it!" Ro said, smiling from ear to ear.

"Friends for now?" Ro asked, extending her pinkie. I linked my chubby pinkie with hers.

"Deal."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AHHHH, please don't yell at me for shipping Ro and Jordan just a little bit. I had to include them somehow, so please do not throw potatoes at me! Love you all  (◕‿◕✿)