Chapter 30

Jordan's POV

I hoped in Tom's car, found the nearest Subway on my GPS, and drove off.

I liked driving alone, it gave me time to think.

I looked out my window. London was a beautiful city. A couple on a bench caught my eye. Two girls sat side by side, they were caught in an embrace with each other. One girl had blonde curls and bright blue eyes, and the other had bright red hair and freckles. I kept looking at them while I waited for the light to turn green.

I noticed no one was yelling profanities at them, no one was even paying attention to them. They were just locked together, protecting each other from any derogatory words thrown at them by passer-by's.

I drove away. I wanted something like that with Tom. I wanted something like Tucker and Sonja. They loved each other so much, but they could still live so far apart. Sonja stayed in Canada, but you could tell she was still devoted to Tucker.

I accidentally entered one of their private TeamSpeak chat rooms before I came to England. I remember how Tucker lingered on every word he said to her, as if it would be their last. They were the definition of a perfect couple.

I walked into the Subway and ordered. The teenager behind the counter handed me my orders in three separate bags. I had put my keys in my pocket, so I set the bags on the table to get organized real quick.

"Hi," a girl with black hair and purple tips approached me. "Can I sit here with you?" she asked.

"Oh, I was just leaving-"

"You just seem like a person I could understand. My date was supposed to meet me here, but he stood me up. I'm Mac by the way," she blurted out.

I quickly scooped the three bags up in my hands. "Nice to meet you, but really I-"

"Seriously, you're standing me up too? What the fuck is wrong with me? Do I scare you?" she started to practically yell at me. People were staring at this point.

"No, really I'm just not interested. I-"

"Oh, you have a girlfriend, is that it? That can be fixed.." she said to me, grabbing my hand.

I quickly pulled away. I could feel my heart racing. I didn't want to be here anymore. My chest felt heavy, if I didn't leave right now I'd have another panic attack.

"I'm gay! Like, really gay, 100 percent," I blurted out. My face felt hot, but I watched as her face twisted. It was working, she was leaving me alone.

"Yep, gotta go home to my boyfriend, goodbye!" I quickly vomited the words out of my mouth. I collected my things and scurried away.

I locked Tom's car doors, and collected my thoughts. I just admitted that I was gay to a complete stranger. What if someone recognized me in there? What if someone was recording?

I pushed all of my thoughts to the back of my head, and quickly drove home. Alice and Tom wanted food thirty minutes ago, they probably were wondering where I was. I quickly sped home.