Chapter 12

Jordan's POV

I pulled up to Tucker's place, and saw Tom waiting at the door. He quickly ran up to the car. He wore one of his black shirts with his ProSyndicate Logo outlined in gold, along with a pair of black skinny jeans. I looked down to my usual green shorts and black t-shirt. I should've dressed up for today, this would be a day we would hopefully both remember, so I should've looked nicer.

"Hey man!" Tom exclaimed as he hoped in the car.

"Hey, where do you wanna go to eat?" I asked him.

"I saw they just opened a new steak house if you want to try it out?" he suggested.

"Sure thing," I said with a smile. I tried to play it cool, but I felt like I was going to throw up. I wanted so badly for this to go well.

"You okay?" I heard Tom ask. Shit, had I not been talking this whole time?

"Yeah yeah, sorry. Just lost in thought," I turned the radio on so I wouldn't do it again. I heard Tom humming along. He sounded pretty good, better than I sounded at least. I've never actually heard him sing seriously, the only time he sang, it was part of a joke.

I began to think more and more about what I'd say. How would Tom react? Hopefully he'll be happy. Right?

My focus went to my side mirror as I saw bright red and blue lights flash behind me.

"Oh shit..." I heard Tom mumble. I ignored him, and quickly pulled over. Please just don't be a ticket.

"What seems to be the problem officer?" I asked him. The officer looked around my car.

"License and registration," he demanded. I reached over Tom, and opened my glove box. I quickly handed him the papers and reached for my wallet. I pulled out my license and handed it over. The officer had a stone face, with no expression.

"Hmmm..." I heard him mumble to himself. He looked at the license, and then back at me, and then back at the license. Sure, I've grown a beard since I took that picture, but it's not like I've changed that much.

"Do you know how fast you were going?" he asked me.

"N-no sir." I told him. I was already nervous, so this just hatched more butterflies in my stomach.

"This is a 45 mile per hour area sir, you were going 50," he said coldly. A screeching noise came over his radio.

"Sit tight," he told Tom and I. I watched him walk back to his car.

"You don't think he's gonna give you a ticket, do you?" Tom asked me.

"He might," I sighed. There goes my plans with Tom for the day. Tom and I sat in silence for 10 minutes.

"Alright sir, I'm going to give you a warning, just watch your speed please," the officer said, handing me my license and registration.

"Will do sir, thank you very much," I told him. My voice was pretty shaky.

"Sure thing, have a good day you two," he told us, walking away.

"You too, sir!" I said. I slipped my registration back into my glovebox.

"HOLY SHIT, that was awesome, I can't believe we didn't get a ticket!" Tom rambled.

"Yeah, I-i can't either," I said, my voice still shaking.

"Hey, you wanna go back to Tucker's place? You seem pretty..."

"Yes, yeah. I don't wanna drive anymore," I laughed.

"Okay, sounds good," Tom told me, setting the GPS on his phone back to Tucker's house.