Chapter 52

Jordan's POV

I shuffled my feet, walking through Minecon's hallways. I watched as peoples faces would morph from smiles to saddened, dark expressions.

I finally arrived to the second Mianite panel, waiting patiently backstage.

"Where's Tom?" Sonja asked me. I looked around.

"I-I don't know I thought he'd be with you guys."

"What about James? The panel starts in thirty minutes, can you text them?" Tucker questioned, fumbling with the buttons on his phone.

I reached into my pocket, pulling out my iPhone.

As my body jerked, the phone dropped out of my hands, landing face up.

We all gasped, as we watched James' smirk grow wider across my phone screen. I quickly bent down, trying to end the FaceTime call, but nothing worked.

"Where are you?" Tucker asked, trying to snatch the phone out of my hands. I clutched onto the device, staring into the monster's eyes.

James didn't respond. His smile just grew.

"Tom is with me, don't worry..." James cooed into the microphone. A wave of panic rushed through me, but Sonja and Tucker looked almost... Relieved?

Tucker continued to pull at my phone. I finally gave in, throwing it towards his body.

I ran as quickly as my feet could take me. Hands of fans grasped at my jacket, trying to pull me away. I charged through them, making my way through the thick crowd.

My feet caught beneath me. My knees buckled, hindering me from taking another step. My body hurdled to the ground, as man bent to catch me.

"Jordan, are you alright?"

I looked up, met by his friendly glasses and vibrant red hair.

"MARK! Please, p-please you have to help me!" I sobbed, looking up at him.

Another warm hand grabbed mine, lifting me to my feet. I looked down, realizing it wasn't only Mark who was with me.

I quickly met the Irish man's eyes.

"What'd you fall o'er?" he asked, his green hair falling in his face.

"Jack, Tom is-"

"Can we get him to the first aid? His hand is bleeding," Mark mumbled to Jack.

"I don't need first aid, I need help-"

"We're gonna get 'ya help, buddy," Jack interrupted me.

"But I need Tom!" I yelled.

"JAMES, STOP!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"JAMES STOP!"

Tucker's loud voice bit through the silent air. I scurried out of Tom's covers, looking out the window.

It was still dark out, and I'm still in my clothes from the restaurant. I looked back at the bed, my chest contracting as I noticed Tom's side was completely untouched.

I ran through the hallway, passing a shaking Sonja.

I flew down the stairs, horrified by what I saw. Tom's unconscious body was sprawled across the floor, while Tucker's half-naked body was pinning down James.

"Sonja, call the police!" I yelled, rushing over by Tom's body. My heart was beating out of my chest. Tom needed away from this situation, but I can't lift him.

The adrenalin coursing through my veins made me lift him anyways. I scooped him up in my arms, balancing his head against my shoulder.

I watched as a crimson, red liquid trickled down his face.

I didn't know where to go, so I carried him up the stairs to our room. As I walked past Sonja once more,  I saw the attire she was wearing. No wonder Tucker was only in his boxers.

I carefully rested Tom on the bed, watching his eyes gently twitch.

He would wake up soon. I gently ran my fingers over his swelling eyes. They were already bruising a purple, brown color.

I pushed his blue hair out of his face, brushing my lips against his forehead.

He would be okay.

We will be okay.