changkyun | stolen kiss

Something was bothering you and when something bothered you, it bothered him and Changkyun did not like being bothered.

He glanced across the fire to where you were seated. Your knees were drawn up to your chest with your arms wrapped around them. Your chin rested onto your folded legs while you stared into the flames regretfully, the brightness in your eyes dulled down. At first he thought you were looking at him but as his eyes focused past the burning wood, he saw that you weren't exactly looking at anything other then the scarlet sparks that flicked off.

"What's your problem?" His voice suddenly spoke through the crackling noise of the fire. The question came out harsher than he intended for it to be.

You merely lifted your gaze away to meet his but you immediately looked back down at the ground shamefully as if the depths of his eyes had scolded you.

"Nothing." The response was soft, and muffled a little by your knees.

Frowning, Changkyun tossed more wood into the flames. Jooheon, his best friend, was on his left, spread out comfortably in a sleeping bag, oblivious to your obvious depression.

When he looked back at you, you were still in the same position with the same sad look in your eyes. That was bothering him.

You always were happy. You always had a smile on your face. You always had brightness in your eyes.

"...It helps to talk about it," Changkyun muttered quietly.

He was already bothered by your sad mood, but the fact that you continued your silence was very bothersome.

A small snort came from you as your voice turned harsh and bitter, "That's rich advice. Coming from you."

He had to admit that you were right about that. He wasn't exactly someone who tells other people his problems, nor should tell others to talk about their problems.

You let out a deep sigh and then finally looked into his dark eyes, a faint glow of the blood orange flames shining in his pupils,"Mian hae, Changkyun..that was rude of me--"

"No," He interrupted you,"You're right."

There was silence for some time, the only sounds of the night being those of animals or insects, and wood popping in the fire.

"That was my first kiss."

Changkyun looked up from the burnt wood that had caught his interest to stare at you.

You tried hard to hold back tears of obvious regret and disgust, you weren't going to break down with only one sentence.

"What?" He asked, growing intently curious.

"My first kiss..he never loved me..he never truly had any feelings.." The fire grew more seemingly hot, along with the pain inside, deep and straight to the heart.

"Yah. Who are we talking about." Changkyun started to get a little frustrated by your lack of information.

"No one..he doesn't exist in my life anymore." You simply stated.

This 'no one' was the cause for your disturbance? This is what bothered you to the point where it in turn bothered him? 'No one'?
The fact that some person, some boy, stole your first kiss was what was causing both yours and his bothers all at the same time?

Changkyun gave a small nod, showing that he understood why you were so depressed. From what he understood, the first time for anything in a romantic relationship tended to be rather important for girls, maybe that was why you were so upset.

He stared at you but you refused to look up from the shield your crossed arms above your legs provided, your face buried in them as you hid from him.

"Yah..Stop crying."

You lifted you head, eyes wide.

"He wasn't your first kiss."

Your eyes widened even more at the statement and you looked at him with confusion, "What are you talking about--"

"I was."

You gasped loudly, his confession shocking you to the very core.

"Changkyun, you don't have to lie to me."

"I was," he repeated firmly. "You remember three years ago when you, Jooheon and I had became friends?"

You nodded silently, listening.

"Well..after a few months, my affection for you was way past any limit and I couldn't help but after seeing you asleep on my couch after we watched that movie.."

He stopped, unable to muster up any more emotion to finish the sentence, but you got the point.

"You kissed me."

"Ne." He looked away, swallowing,"I was your first kiss."

"...Thank you. Kyunnie."

The warmth that he always saw in your eyes returned immediately.
You were no longer bothered.

And neither was he.