minhyuk | me or her? {angst pt.3}

Requested by: najun96

///

A month later...

"I'm really starting to like this school." Hana said, sipping her drink through a straw.

"Really..?" You said. You stared at the untouched food on your plate.

Ever since Hana showed up, Minhyuk has been acting weird, he gets distracted a lot lately. Sometimes you've caught him staring at her, and envy burned in your blood.

Minhyuk had walked over, a grin as usually on his face,"Annyeong everyone!"

He smiled at you, but you hesitated to return it. He had then turned to Hana and gave her a wave.

You stared over, you saw her bright white smile. She was pretty. Almost unnaturally pretty.

When Minhyuk walked away to find his friends, Hana turned to you,"So..guess what?"

"Hm?" You tried not to glare or show your anger.

"I got Minhyuk's number, we've been talking lately."

You looked at her, taken back by her statement, she said it so casually it hurt.

"You've..what?"

"He's so sweet."

"Oh..." You got up from your chair, head down. You were unable to concentrate anymore, it's like you've been blinded.

Your cousin had seen you get up and she knew something was wrong. She took your hand, leading you away from the table.

///

"How can this be..." You breathed out. Your cousin had lead you away to a bench outside. The sun rays beat down on you and almost seemed to dry the tears on your cheeks immediately.

"It'll be okay." She said, her hand in your back.

"How could he even do that. Behind my back..." You struggled to steady your voice but nothing seemed to help.

It wasn't till blonde hair caught your eye did your breath finally hitch your in throat long enough to keep your emotions at bay.

His face was no longer grinning when he showed up,"Y/N?"

You didn't make eye contact with him.

"Mian hae."

Your cousin was the one who spoke,"Minhyuk. I told you not to break her heart."

"But I-"

"Hana was our friend. How could you even for a second think of doing that?"

He looked down, ashamed.

"There's nothing between us..." You suddenly spoke, even though your tone was soft and almost inaudible,"We have nothing...don't we?"

"A-Ani!" Minhyuk reached out to touch your arm but you pulled away.

"Just...go. Hana's waiting."