changkyun | thunderstorm

Requested by: Nayoung98

///

You held the phone tightly to your ear, listening to the phone buzz with anticipation. You had the covers of your bed pulled up to your chin, and your eyes loomed over to the window.

The trees were shaking and tapping against the sheer glass, making a sound like nails on a blackboard. The rain had finally started to pound down outside and then a loud deep rumble filled the sky.

It wasn't till a crack of lightning lit up the darkness, did you pull the covers up alittle higher.

Finally, the phone clicked on.

"Hello..." The voice said, slow and sluggish.

"Changkyun." You said more quietly then intended,"It's raining."

"Mm. I see that.."

"I'm sorry to wake you.. but I just.."

"I know, you don't have to explain." His voice made you smile, almost forgetting about the storm pouring down outside,"You okay?"

"I guess.. just, scared."

You heard him sigh out a yawn,"Don't be, I'm here."

Even if you both didn't talk and there was silence, his breathing on the other end of the line made you at ease, until another loud crack of lightning struck the sky again.

You let out a gasp and covered your mouth with the covers.

"Hey, relax." Changkyun reassured. You heard rustling noises in the background.

"W-what are you doing?"

"Just stretching." He simply said.

Changkyun was your best friend, almost more then a best friend. He had always been there, always made you happy when sad. Always got you out of trouble even when it would get him in trouble instead. He had your back and you had his.

You heard a noise, not from outside but from inside your apartment.

"C-Changkyun!" You whispered loudly into the phone.

"Huh?" There was that rustling sound again, then a loud bang from inside your home.

"There's someone here.." You jumped out of your bed, heart beating fast and rushed to your closet. Once inside, you closed the door as quietly as you could and locked it.

"What?" You heard Changkyun chuckle.

"This isn't funny! There's someone in my house!" You couldn't go anywhere, too frightened to move. Tears were threatening to fall.

There was silence on the other end, not even his breathing.

"Changkyun.. this isn't funny..."

There was a knock on the closet door and your breath caught in your throat. You pushed your back against the wall, the tears finally falling and you could do nothing but hold the phone against your ear.

"Y/N? Come out of there silly." Changkyun suddenly said. It echoed into the phone.

"Changkyun?" You slowly moved to the door,"Is that you?"

"No it's the boogeyman." He laughed.

You unlocked the door and was surprised to see the soaked boy in front of you. His hair was dyed a light blonde, you had secretly liked it but could never tell him that, and his soft brown eyes stared at you. His mouth then turned into a light gentle smile before his arms wrapped around you.

Your face heated up alittle, but his warmth was welcoming.

"I won't let anything hurt you." Changkyun said softly into your hair. He then took your hand and lead you to you bed again where you sheepishly crawled into. He laid beside you before pulling the covers over you both,"Mm, warm."

You couldn't help but cuddle up to his side, a smile on pasted on your face.

"Good thing you gave me a spare key." Changkyun laughed.

///

Okay so just a side note, this message is only for kaerachan I just wanted to say that I had actually written your request in my notebook when I go to school, and being the forgetful me, I kept forgetting to grab it from my locker and write it here for you ^^; but the good news is, I remembered finally and I'll finish your request tonight! <3 sorry for the delay, if I don't get it done tonight, I give you permission to hit me D: