Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

Kalin and I finally arrived at school. I parked In the lot designated for seniors, and we both got out of the car. We walked onto the campus, and through the front gates. I looked around and saw a lot of familiar faces. I had a lot of "friends" but only because I was the captain of the soccer team. Those people were only my friend because of that, not because of my personality. Same with Kalin. He played for our schools basketball team, and he was a singer. Even though we both had a lot of friends, we mostly stuck together. There wasn't a secret of mine that Kalin didn't know about, same with him. We are pretty much inseparable. We both walked over to an open bench in the courtyard, and sat down.

"Kalin why the heck did you come to school today? You're about ready to pass out" I said to a half asleep Kalin

"Because I can't miss the first day, and I missed you a lot and didn't want to be away from you any longer." Kalin said yawning

"That's sweet, but I could of come after school" I said

I quickly pulled out my schedule and checked it over to see which class I had first. I grabbed Kalin's from his front pocket and compared the two. We have Spanish, English, PE, and Health together, but my first period I had by myself. The bell soon rang, and I helped a sleepy Kalin off the bench. I got on my tippy toes and kissed his check, before walking off into the direction of my classroom.

-Kalin's POV-

I watched as Carly walked away. Her curly hair swaying behind her with each step she took. I missed her so much throughout the summer. I missed her smile, her personality, the sparkle in her eyes, and so much more. The one thing I truly realized was how much that girl means to me. She turned around and smiled at me before continuing to her class. I didn't smile back, I was lost in thought. "Come on, snap out of it Kalin." I thought to myself. How am I supposed to tell my best friend I'm I'm in love with her?

-Carly's POV-

I could feel eyes on me as I walked away. I slightly turned to look behind me. Kalin was still standing in the same place I just left him, so I flashed him a smile. He didn't smile back, he had this concentrated look on his face. Could he tell I had a crush on him?