Carry Me

A/N: As you can see now, I have decided to take this fanfiction in my own terms and a bit away from the anime. Still, I promise that a few characters, mainly Tsubaki, Emi, Watari and Aiza won't be OOC but many of them, including Arima Kousei and Kaori are fully changed to acknowledge the change my story brings to the forefront.

Most of all, my characters aren't teenagers anymore in this Book 2. They are all in college already.

So, stay tuned!

Thank you for reading my story!

...

Third Person POV:

Tsubaki Sawabe is currently facing Arima Kousei's grave with Watari Ryota. They have always visited his grave wearing black, formal clothes.

Five years have already passed at the time and still, Tsubaki wishes that her instincts were right but, as she can observe, she can't help but believe that her childhood friend is already dead and gone. 

Watari slowly fell in-love with her again but he can't say it in front of her. For him, it was still very much early to say to her. Since Kousei's death, he wanted to tell her his feelings. 

"He's gone, Tsubaki. He won't be back to us. If he lied to us that he isn't dead, he still left us. He wants us to forget him. We have to move on. He was our best friend. It was hard for me already to keep seeing you in pain! We aren't high school anymore, Tsubaki!" cried Watari.

Tsubaki looked at his stressed eyes which is already tired, crying for the death of their friend. That is when she realized that she had been bringing him intense pain. 

She accepted that she had forgotten that it wasn't just her who was carrying deep pain inside their hearts. 

She isn't alone. She had Watari at her back always but she turned a blind eye to him. 

Most of all, both have noticed that in five consecutive years after Kousei's death, his family had never visited his grave.

Emi and Aiza visited his grave, too at the same time they visited him.

Emi brought a letter addressed to her. 
Both parties have brought a bouquet of white flowers for Arima Kousei.

"Tsubaki, Kousei might have wanted us to read this the day he died. I was supposed to show this five years ago but I was also trying to believe he isn't actually dead. Five years have gone already. We have to accept the truth now. It's a letter which he wrote for us," Emi told her. 

Tsubaki quickly opened the envelope, took the white bond paper out and she cried out silently after reading it. The letter's message was very simple but the pain gave her so much suffering. 

Forget me. Thank you for the friendship.

"I don't understand! Why... why Kousei? Have you truly murdered yourself? Why must you do this? I am sorry Kousei, I can't do what you want me to do! I can't forget you! In this five years that we were alone without you, why do I have to forget you!? Why do you always do this?!" she screamed. Then, suddenly at the back of her mind, his voice resounded.

Remember? I'm not good with words.

"Tsubaki!!! Tsubaki!" screamed Watari. He embraced her tightly to calm her down.

When they were supposed to depart the grave already, it was at the time when they saw Arima Kousei's family's vehicle appeared.

The black van parked in front of the cemetery. They all waited for them to greet Kousei's family and to give them their sympathy.