His College Life

A/n: In this chapter, I will give you glimpses of Kousei's past when he was still in London.

...

Watari POV:

The next day, I was about to enter his office when I heard him talking with someone else happily. I knocked at his room and Kousei was the one who opened it for me. "Well, you came at the right time. I want to introduce you to an old friend when I left Japan and lived in London for five years."

I entered the room and after a few minutes, I saw a British boy stand up. "William, is he the best friend you were talking about?" he asked him. 

"Yes. He's one of my loyal friends." he replied. The large, muscular man in front of me chuckled. He does have brown hair and small, green eyes.

Kousei introduced me to him, "Francis, He's Ryota Watari. He's also my Chief of Staff."

"My name's Francis Daniels. I'm one of William's college friends in the college of music in Cambridge," he told me. 

"College friend?" I asked him as we all sat down at his office's couch. 

"Yes. He suddenly appeared in my office today. I asked him that I will be meeting him at home since I invited him to play for the concert but in my surprise, he went here so early even if there are at least four more months before the concert," he seemed so happy. 

"William, I already told you in the call, right? When you asked me if I can be a guest, I quickly said yes since I wanted to visit you here. Most of all, I wanted to at least have a vacation with my wife. Christina wanted to have her honeymoon here since she's so into Japanese stuff," he said.

"Where is she, now?"

"She heard that Juliet's pregnant with your daughter. She went straight at your home to see her. She knows that this will be the only vacation we would have until dad takes me to be trained to become like you, soon," he told him. 

"You're better than me. I had no way to have a long time with my wife due to my responsibilities as an heir," he said as he pour wine.

"Juliet? Who's Juliet?" I asked Kousei. "Are you cheating on her?"

Kousei and Francis chuckled,

"Kaori's Juliet. That was her name when we were hiding in London for a while," Kousei explained to him.

"I guess you're right. It's good that I'm only an heir of a big school and next head of a political family in London. Not a big and powerful corporation like yours," he looked through his glass and grinned.

I stared at Francis and found it daunting that he does have small eyes like us even he's actually fairer.

"Well, there are really things I still don't know about you when you left us for five years," I blurted out as he open the kitchen side of his office.

"I can tell you some of it if you want. Francis is my best friend in London," he told me. 

"Okay," I smiled. 

Francis took his arms over me and asked, "Is he still obsessed in wines?"

"Yeah. I guess so," I answered back.

"Kousei is absolutely obsessed with it! He began collecting them after he had his first wine with Thomas. I helped him know which is authentic and not. Well, I guess he seemed lazy in looking which is authentic and which is not. He hired a sommelier," he shared with us.

Kousei laughed with him.

"You call him Kousei, am I correct?" he looked at me. 

"Yes. That was the name we knew him with," I replied to him. 

"William likes to drink wine when he's troubled, happy or excited. We were teens when we met in London and I found him in his piano room practicing the piano with Thomas Jones. Thomas is also my piano coach at the time," he told me. 

"He already seen that side of me," Kousei told us while he brought another wine with us and poured red wine on our cups. "I got drunk. I was actually shocked I will. I know that I have high tolerance on alcohol but then, I got drunk in my first business party."

"I heard you still have that scary aura you give off when you're angry. Should I tell him how you were able to create it?" he asked him. 

"Scary aura? That's funny if you think about it. It just suddenly appeared after my training with Thomas when he's already teaching me what to do in front of the media. I also guess it came out when I still don't know the reason why I have to be in London at that time. It's just a result of my depression. I'm now pass it," he told us as he drink his wine. 

"You were depressed at that time?" I asked him. 

"Yes. He was depressed. He asked me to come at the Arima Mansion in London for us to practice piano at the same time when I found him sleeping and talking about how he miss his old life in Japan," he teasingly revealed to me.

I stared at Kousei and I found him laughing. "It's all thanks to Kaori, Thomas and Francis that I was able to live in London fine."

"You were mimicking a lot of Thomas's actions before!" Francis added. 

"I'm not!" Kousei spoke up defensively. 

"You do! I saw Thomas drinking wine and after that, you also did," he teased him. 

I laughed and chatted with them for a bit long. By hearing everything they were talking about, that is when I realized that what changed Kousei was his deep responsibility as both a Nakiri and Arima.

He was also deeply troubled and unhappy in the five years he lived in London but that doesn't mean he's always sad. There are still people that made him fortunate and delighted at the time we aren't with him. 

...

Arima Kousei POV:

"Can I ask you something?" Watari asked me after Francis left the office.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"I just remembered someone on your supposed grave, there was a boy with Juliet. That was many years ago. We were all in college at that time. I wonder why I didn't recognize Kaori at that time. Are you that boy?" he asked me.

I opened the red curtains of my windows at the back of my table and replied, "Yes, I am that boy."

"You were really depressed, then. I didn't know you have to endure so much sadness and pain to gain what you have now," he told me.

"You can't pity me. I am jealous of you, Watari. You have me, you have Tsubaki and most of all, you have a peaceful life unlike mine. Your position is so much better than mine, I hope you understand that," I told him.

He smiled at me and at that, we returned to our work.
...

When all of the work finally finished that day, I asked him, "Want to go at my home? It's still nine p.m. anyway."

He raised his eyebrow. "Visit Kaori?"

"I'll do it next time. Most of all, Kousei. Your father just called. He said he wants to see you," he told me.

"Why would he want me to go to him?" I asked him.

"He said it's urgent," Watari informed me.

...

A/n: What do you think happened? I hope you like it!