Silent Moon: Flashback Chapter 3

A/N: Hope you like this chapter!

...

Akihito POV: Present Day

"You can't just forgive the Nakiris on what they did to your wife, am I right, Taka-niisan?" I asked him while I walk away.

"You were hurt by them. That is what Seto have told us. She came to rescue you and stop her family from doing any other," he told me.

I just laughed at him and told my dear brother, "I lied, brother. I was never hurt. I was the one who sent the letter so she can rescue Seto from her family. You think your love story resembles that of Romeo and Juliet but what you did not know, your problem at that time has a much deeper reason why our families do clash. That is your son's responsibility now. He has the responsibility to know the root of the feud and pull it out so he can end it."

"Do you think he can do it?" Taka stared at his wife's grave while I keep backing away.

"Among our dreams, you know how much our lone family wants to end the feud. Arima Aina and Prime Minister Arima Akio were the only ones who do look at the Nakiris as enemies who'd kill your son. Most of all, are we so sure that the people who wanted to kill him are the Nakiris? No, doesn't it?" I told him. After that, I left him alone.

I stared at the sky and I reminisced the days that I saw how dangerous the past 21 years were for my brother and sister-in-law.

...

Akihito PoV: 21 years ago

"I'm begging you, mom... dad... It wasn't Seto's fault! I am deeply in-love with Akihito's brother! Please, don't hurt her!" Saki was screaming to the two people in front of us.

"Daughter, how could you fall in-love with an Arima? You do know what those Arimas have done to our family many years ago!" Nakiri Oozaki, Saki's father told her while she's trying to be a human shield for us.

"What did the Arimas do many years ago? What did they do? The generation of Arimas today have already forgotten about it! Only us know what it is and you still can't forgive them? The feud is so pathetic. If only you could join hands with them again, everything will be so much better!" shouted Saki to her parents.

Her mother, Nakiri Saya went closer to her. "If you join them, we will all forget that you are my daughter but, they won't be free. We will keep hunting your dear friends and destroy them completely. We won't kill them. Only they will live in fear but if you say that you would stay with us and you won't meet Arima Takahiko, they will be free. Your choice, Saki."

"If that is your will, I will stay here," she told her parents.

I was surprised and before we were dragged away from the Nakiri household, I shouted at her, "What about my brother? Have you forgotten that he is waiting for you? Saki!!!!"

We were free. The truth is, the Nakiris locked Seto inside their basement to interrogate her about the relationship of my brother and Saki. She was crying bitterly while we both sat beside a large fountain. Her tears were like pearls falling down her eyes but those weren't for good. I can totally see that she is blaming herself for telling everything about them but I do know that it was my fault why Saki was locked up inside the Nakiri household and at the same time, we all heard that Saki will be forced to marry someone she doesn't even know and love.

My brother quickly knew about it and he quickly went at the Nakiri household using my motorbike to stop the wedding and save the girl whom he loves so much.

I went with him and I told Seto, "Stay here. We will definitely save her from the fate she shouldn't have."

She was just silent. She couldn't speak but her tears stopped and I knew that she is giving us her strength for the unknown journey we will both be embarking.