Spring's Symphony: Saki Arima's Diary

A/N: Song Title: Cherry Blossoms-Jia Peng Fang

...

Present Day:

"Have you read the book I gave you?" asked Thomas to William after he got home after school. William was surprised to find him in front of the door and asking him about an old book which is very much very sensitive to touch already.

"I... Haven't read it yet," he honestly told his instructor and guardian.

"The book is your mother's diary and also, it was the story of your parents. You do have to read it and your clan requires you to do so. They have been protecting that book for years until they pass it on to you," he told him.

"I understand but..." he looked at him, "How'd you know it's the story of my parents?"

"The revelation I told you is all written in that book. Your mother knows English fluently like you are now and she had written her diary in English and not in your local tongue. You have to read her diary with even a few pages of it for now I don't need to keep explaining to you everything but as I can see, everything that happened to them has a huge impact to the present after you have met Lady Juliet."

William understood him and he quickly went to his room. He opened the door and entered his room slowly. While he was closing the door after he had already entered, he looked at his room and found that his room is actually very much similar from his old room back in Japan. He sat in front of his black piano and sat there since the book which Thomas was telling him is on his piano. That is where he kept the book for a while. He took the book between his hands and stood up from his seat and sat on his bed. He, then carefully opened the very old book.
...

Saki Arima's Diary

I have become weaker and weaker as my son, Kousei get older. As he grows up, my body slowly leaves him. My anxiety and fear of death grow too. I always feel sad by myself that by anytime, my body would leave him and I'd be invisible to him.

I do know how much I regret causing him so much pain. I have even prevented him from having many friends. I just limited it with two and that is enough. I didn't even let him be friends with Miyazawa Rei who was once very close to me but no matter how many times my husband visits me or asks me to go abroad to get treatment, I just can't go anymore.

Will they even know each other soon?

I even tell her to hide whenever my son visits me. It pains me a lot to see forcing himself to be at the top spot. What could I do? I don't want to change myself all of a sudden just because I am sick. He always says that he'll get the top spot as if it'll cure me but I lose myself always when we practice. I know I was abusing him already.

Whenever I get outside of the hospital, I do train him a lot but my sickness overrides my feelings most of the time and it pains me all the time whenever my disease attacks me. I do believe, in front of everyone, I am creating a human metronome. It's my fault. The people call him a robot as he can totally play by the score. 

Whenever I hear people calling him 'Human Metronome', at first
I became happy but it slowly became an insult to my son.

For me, I have stolen from him how I was brought up when I began playing the piano. Due to my deteriorating body, I have no time to tell him to enjoy playing the piano. I treated him as if he's my clay, forcing to mold him by how I instruct him to.  

Forgive me... Forgive me... Takahiko...

We left our families to be happy together but look at us now! We haven't done our roles, right! We should have been the cure but we lit the flame stronger.