One More Light

A/N: Thank you for all the warm comments, new cover and votes! It really empowers me to keep writing this story and I really feel lucky to have readers like YOU! Thank you so much! I hope you do comment more, though so I know how you feel.

...

Arima Kousei POV:

Return to the light...

Be who you truly are...

Don't be ashamed of who you truly are...

My whole family already knows that my death was just a lie and when I faced my grandpa's sister and brother using Skype, our tears swelled so deep and they all told me that I must not be afraid anymore.

I am now more free to be the true me.

The chains holding me down were broken.

I have embraced the future.

I have finally said goodbye to my old past.

In my relief, my father have registered me in my schools as William and not as Kousei. I won't have any problems concerning my name in legal terms. Kousei will now only be used by me as a nickname since my real name was English but now that I know everything, I have chosen to use my real name more than my old name which I already buried down.

The person who was truly surprised and happy was my godfather and he did even cried bitter sweetly while we were having a conversation on Skype.

"That was a very horrible lie, Kousei!" he told me but I answered him, "It wasn't a lie, godfather. Arima Kousei died."

I know he'd be surprised by what I have told him. "I understand. I truly can see the difference between the two of you. You have been trained in this five years to be ready in your responsibilities now that you are formally a part of the family. How do you plan to tell your old friends about the truth that you aren't truly dead?"

I needed to look away from the monitor and tears fell slowly but I dried it quick.

I can't go back to them.

They can't know the truth about me.

The only news that should be scattered was that I am the missing grandson of my grandpa and I have already decided to come out in public.

If they do learn that I am one and the same, they will be used against me.

I can't put them in danger.

"They shouldn't know about the deeper truth about me as William Arima. I have already decided to cut out my ties to them. I can't go back to the life I had long ago. My only dream for now is to stay alive and finish my college here in England. I will return back there to meet everyone but I can only go back if there's already a signal from my grandpa that I can go back," I told him.

After our conversation, I closed my laptop and my sadness dissipated so quickly. Every pain that I have felt this past five years eased eventually.

"William?" I stood up from my seat at the dining table of the mansion where I'm living in and I found Juliet smiling at me.

"How are you?" she asked me.

"Happy, of course."

"You won't tell your friends about you?" she asked me.

"They're my past friends. If they learn more about me, I'd just put them in danger. I am being targeted, Kaori. I won't let them get targeted, too just because of me. Most of all, don't you dare get out my life will you? Its all because of you why I have easily accepted my whole, new life already," I told her.