Distant Years

A/N: Well, sorry for the long update. I just rested for a bit in this story to give way to update my other unfinished stories.

...

Kousei POV:

I'm still in my crutches as we get inside my home and of course, I knew that Tsubaki really felt uncomfortable around me. Did she get stuck in the days when we were in high school? I can understand if it is. "Tsubaki, this is me, now. I still play piano in competitions but I spent more of my time in the company and in England for the past six years that we didn't meet."

"Stop being serious for once and last of all, can you take off your 'William Mode' for once?" Kazuhiko rumbled on mischievously.

I stared at him with a surprised reaction, "WILLIAM MODE? Doiuo imi na no?"

"Be Arima Kousei for once!" he patted my back violently. "The Arima Kousei I know isn't too serious."

When I looked around, my old friends were all happily laughing with me that comforted me more. I'm glad. There's nothing that I should be serious with for now. I guided them in the living room and I was happy to see the white, grand piano. I sat beside it again, opened the lid, and began playing the piano. I decided to practice Fur Elise since it is the music I will play soon. I knew that I have an invitation to play in an Orchestra in Europe. I was shocked when mom informed me about it that my performance couldn't have been out if I didn't wake up. The orchestra rejoiced when I woke up. Was I really that special?

My mom went beside me and gave me another letter. "What's wrong, mom?"

"Open it. I'm happy that you could play like before. What will you do tomorrow?" mom asked me.

"Ahhh...." I stared at my friends. I don't know what to tell her.

"I think it's better if he stays here for a bit longer," Watari Ryota suggested but I looked deeper in my heart and replied, "I'll go to the company tomorrow. I shouldn't be of any trouble anymore."

Mom sighed and accepted my decision. "I understand. Well, you do have other guests other than them."

"Who?" I asked. Then, my eyes shifted to two people in front of me. I quickly recognized my old mentor, Seto Hiroko but I didn't quickly recognize the adolescent girl beside her. My eyes widened. 

"Was that?" I stood up in shock and told them, "Was that Koharu???" 

The two of them laughed. "You've really grown, eh, Kousei? Are you so surprised to know that Koharu's a teen-age girl, now?"

I looked away. 

"Step away from that piano and let my daughter show her skills, will you?" she told me. 

I followed and Koharu played an unfamiliar song that shocked me. The song's actually good and very catchy.

"What is it?" I asked her.

She stared at me in surprise. "You're a Classic Music otaku. You don't even know a single commercial song. The song I just played right now is 'Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift'. She's an American Singer and I really like her songs!"

All of us just sweat dropped and that's when I realized that the clingy girl I know before had actually grown beautiful and is just as beautiful as my mentor. I looked down and sighed sadly. "I really lost too much time when I left Japan, isn't it? Those five years, including those past eleven months that I was in coma..."

Everyone stared back at me as if I'd faint again even though I know I won't but I was wrong. I felt my knees go numb. I lost my hold onto my crutches which worried all of my guests. Luckily, my cousin caught me. "That's why I told you to be in a wheelchair!"

I felt dizzy for a bit and he quickly held me up. I can walk slowly but he quickly brought me back in my room to rest. I lied back down and I don't want any of them to worry for me and so, I just smiled and told them, "I'm just tired. There's nothing for any of you to worry."

Kaori held my hand and asked me, "Are you really fine?"

I smiled back and told her, "I want to go to work and study again, hehe."

All of my friends are inside my big room and I assured them that I'm healthy already. Last of all, I'm just sleepy and so, with Kaori's approval, I went back to sleep. 

...

The next day, I woke up and saw my mom smiling back at me. "Are you alright now?" 

I sat back on my bed and I actually feel lighter than yesterday. "Yes, mom. I feel better than yesterday." 

She hugged me tightly and I was surprised to be hugged coming from the woman I thought was dead. "I'm happy... Really... I'm happy."

She's saying she is happy but she's crying? "It has been so long that you haven't felt that way, do you?"

I nodded. I haven't felt so warm and light for so many years. I stood up and I knew that I don't need my crutches anymore. "I think I'll be able to work already," I told my mom.

She was about to answer me when in an instant, my father went in and stopped me from going outside. "You're still recovering. Don't push yourself too much. Meet me at the piano room."

He went outside quickly and I stared at my mother. "What does he mean?"

"He means that you meet him at the hall where you saw the white piano. When you were sleeping, he told me that he wanted to tell you something about him today and that is more important than you going to work now that you're very much healthy already," mom smiled at me.

I nodded and followed my mom. I quickly went to the hall and I know that no matter how many times I stare back at that place, my heart is always mesmerized with the beauty of that hall and as I was looking at it, I saw my father beside the piano as he is leaning on it.

"You're here." His eyes were glistening.

"What do you want to tell me?" I asked as I step closer to him.

"Something important to guide your way as you are both a Nakiri and an Arima. As you well know, you're the hope of the two families."

I was shocked as I was reminded about what I did years ago. I just realized that at that moment, I haven't yet recovered every bit of my memories. I thought that I just lost my ability to play but I also lost many of my memories.

Was it the reason why he's here? Was it the reason why he stopped me to work today?

I sighed and I faced my father, "Tell me everything, father."

He snickered and told me, "You're ready to know. I'm glad about that. I can see your resolve through your eyes."

...

A/n: I hope you're still reading! Don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you so much! ❤❤❤