An Heir's Struggle

A/n: Thank you for reading this story of mine!! Vote and comment, okay?

...

Tsubaki POV: 

While everyone were eating their food, Kousei played his piano. I also took some food at the buffet and watched him happily. I may feel far from him but with the help of Watari, he helped me feel that Kousei still thinks of me as a friend to him. I sat down near our table and ate the sushi I took while Rei, Takeshi and Emi join us. I still feel a bit uneasy whenever I hear the people around talking about politics and business.

As a journalist, I wanted to shut down my own mind or I may get curious to make an article and investigate some people who came here. 

"Are you alright?" Emi asked me.

"I'm fine," I answered while I gulp some red wine that really made me choke up. Watari's laughing beside me. 

"Is it so hard to shut down your curiosity, Tsubaki?" Rei asked me. 

"What do you mean, Rei?" she asked me. I can say she's teasing me. 

"You're a journalist. It can't be helped, anyway," she laughed at me. 

"Shh!!!! Others might hear you! You know that there are a lot of rich and powerful people here. If they hear that I'm one...," I really feel down. "I'm taking a low profile so that others won't get uncomfortable with me."

"I'm also a journalist. Don't forget that," Rei smiled at me.

I was enjoying listening to Kousei's piano when the music faded away already. He finished his piece and joined the others again after he bowed. His father took him everywhere and introduced him to a lot of people. He's also holding Kaori and introduce her to some of his relatives until I noticed that they returned back at their table when Kaori felt exhausted.The piano began playing again but it's a different pianist. He's not as popular as Kousei, though. A few minutes later, Watari looked at me, "I guess it's already a good time to talk to them. Kousei and Kaori are free for now."

I nodded gladly. I bowed at Takeshi and Emi after we finished our meals together. While we were walking closer to them, I overheard Kaori complaining to his mother who came to them to check what they're arguing about. 

"Okaa-san! Can you tell Kousei that drinking so much wine isn't good for him? That's one thing I never imagined he'll be! He was such an innocent boy when we first met!" Kaori cried out.

Kousei just laughed at her. "I'm a boy, Kaori."

"You're lucky you're not drunk yet and I'm pregnant," Kaori told him. I was surprised to see that side of him.

"Kousei?" I finally spoke up. 

The three of them stared at us.

"Tsubaki! Watari!" Kaori exclaimed. 

"Tsubaki finally got her private time to talk to both of you," Watari told them.

Kousei walked near me and grinned, "I'm sorry about that. My father organized this party to introduce me. He keeps dragging me around to talk to them."

His mother offered me a seat and when I was about to sit, that's when I saw that Kousei's been drinking Chateau Margaux 1787. I stared at it completely and it's already half-empty. Watari held it and he was equally shocked. "Why is this here? If it were me, I'll keep it on a wine locker or just display it."

Kousei took it and told him, "I have three of it. I have some less expensive wines."

"You know how expensive it is, right?" he asked him while he put his shoulder on him as they sat down.