Working the Case

Days passed and the lab techs were looking into how Gracie died. As for Killian and I, we were looking into who she could have seen and talk to last. In the mean time as Killian was doing some investigating I was at the lab with Brianna and Angie in the examination room. "Anything new Brianna?" She nods as she looks at the bones. "It seems that she was hit on the head and I sent the shards I found on the skull to get analyzed and the results were from some sort of metal like from a shovel." I nod. Brianna continued to examine the bones and Angie looked towards me. "Have you told Killian?" I shake my head. "Emma!" I nod. "I know, I know I just don't know how tell Killian..." That's when Killian walks in. "Tell me what?" Angie and I stood there in shock. "That I want to get bigger breasts." He gives me a weird look. "Love your breasts are fine." Brianna laughs and Angie shakes her head. "Are you sure Killian?" He gives me a strange look and nods. "See then everything's settled." Angie scoffs and Killian just shakes his head and laughs. "Anyways it seems that the place where she died is a known place for selling drugs and hangout for criminals." I nod. "Maybe I can cross reference people that have been arrested from there and the people associated with the clients that Gracie worked with." Angie says with a smile on her face. Killian and I nod. "Thank you Angie." Angie nods and walks out. Killian grabs my arm and takes me out of the room. "Emma are you ok, you've been avoiding me a lot these past few days and you've been acting really weird." I start to panic. "I'm fine I just haven't been on my game lately it's just this case is making me sad." He nods. "Hey if you're going through something you know you can tell me." I nod. He gives me a huge kiss and I smile, my did I love that. He caresses my cheek and I grab his hand and smile. He's just staring at me with his gorgeous blue eyes and that's when I get a burst of courage and decided that I was going to tell him. "Killian I'm..." That's when a call interrupts me. "I'm sorry love I have to answer." I nod and sigh. Oh my gosh every time I want to tell him I get interrupted. This only proves that the timing is not right. "Love let's go I think it's time that we talk to Gracie's employer." I nod. We get to the car and drive to the offices. Killian and I are in the waiting room as we wait for the employer to come and meet us. "Agents welcome, what can I help you with?" "Mister Grayson, we've come to talk to you about one of your PI's." Killian says as we sit down. He nods. "You found Gracie where is she?" "I'm sorry but she's dead." He gasps. "That is horrible news indeed she was the best investigator this practice has ever had." "Was she working on any cases that might have put her in danger?" I ask with a concerned look on my face. He shakes his head. "No actually she was taking some time off, she had been acting weird like she was out of it for a couple of weeks so I gave her time off." I nod. "Was she having problems at home?" He shakes his head. "Oh no her boyfriend was a saint with her, he loves her dearly. I don't know what she was going through she was always so reserved with the things she was going through." Killian looked at me and I looked away. That's exactly how I am. "Well thank you mister Grayson we will keep in touch." He nods and escorts us out. We get in the car and drive to the office. "He didn't seem too shocked when we told him Gracie died." I said and Killian nods. "Yeah usually people cry or are in complete shock." I nod. "So now will you tell me what you're going through, Emma?" "I'm just on my time of the month." He gives me a straight face. "No you're not." I laugh nervously. "Yes that's it." He nods. "I'm not going to push you love, you can tell me when you're ready." I nod and sigh. I feel so bad for lying to him. He's just worried about me and here I am scared to tell him but one thing for sure is that by him worrying about me made me love him even more.