Adapting and Accepting

Days have passed and nothing. For some weird reason Interpol is having issues with the FBI and it's driving me insane. Although I can't complain the Queen has been a sweetheart and has been taking care of me but I miss my family. She has shown me so much kindness that I seriously don't know how I will ever repay it. She has taken me to so many places to visit that I'm just in awe. If it wasn't that my family was in the states, I wouldn't mind living here. Tonight the Queen had actually scheduled a ball and I am super excited to attend. Even though I've never been to a big and fancy one I have to admit that I'm nervous. As I'm being fitted into a gorgeous blue ball gown I look at my ring and sigh. I missed my family so much that I felt guilty for having fun here while they are probably worried to death wondering where I'm at. I'm all fitted and soon enough it was time for the ball. I sat next to the Queen and I felt awkward since I wasn't of royalty but who am I to deny the Queen and her wishes. I see all the couples dancing and that's when my heart sank. I missed Roland so bad, he's my best friend and love. That's when one of the young men that was dancing asks to dance with me and I look up at the Queen and she smiles. "Go sweetie." I nod. We start to dance and I totally felt like a princess. "You look beautiful." I smiled and blushed. "Thank you mister?" He smiles. "Nicholas." I smile. "Rhea." He smiles. "So how you liking this glorious kingdom?" He spins me around and I smile. "I love it." We continued to dance and my did I feel comfortable. I look around the ball room and for some odd reason I feel like I was getting a flashback. Like I was here before. But how if I have never ever been here? The song ended and we bowed to each other and he smiles. "It was an honor." I smiled and he winked at me. I smiled. I walked back and the Queen grabs my hand. "Did you have fun?" I smile and nod. "Yes Nicholas was amazing and I felt natural dancing." She smiles. "Well I wanted to let you that there's an agent from Interpol here at the palace." I smile. "Let's go." The Queen and I walk to her study. We walk in and we sit down. "Miss Jones, I am so sorry for the late reply." I shake my head. "It's ok." He sighs. "The reason why we took so long is due to the fact that your family is deceased." I gasp. I felt my heart break when I heard that. "What?" I say my voice shaky as can be. He nods. "I'm sorry after the kidnapping your family was in a horrible accident." My heart breaks even more. He then hands me an article from the newspaper. "Special Agent Killian Jones and Co director Emma Swan-Jones along with their children Liam and Leia Jones lost their lives Tuesday morning in a devastating accident." I start to cry. "No this can't be; they can't be dead." I scream. He nods. "I'm sorry it seems that they were in a collision on the freeway." I shake my head. "No this can't be." He sighs. "Wait does my aunt know?" He shakes his head. "We can't seem to contact her, that is why you were sent here." I give him a weird look. "Why would I be sent here; I don't know anyone here." He stays quiet. "You do actually the Queen is your grandma." I gasp and look at her. She smiles. "Is this true?" She nods. "I don't have a grandma, from either side of my family. How the hell is this possible?" The Queen sighs. "I'm sorry sweetie I didn't want to tell you right away, your father and I didn't have a good relationship." I shake my head. That's when I remember something. "Why did you say that Flora was your son's wife?" She sighs. "Because she is." I shake my head. "Emma is your son's wife!" I scream. "Emma isn't your mother, Flora is." I scoff. "It's not true, Emma Swan is my mother, she carried me in her womb." She half smiles. "No you weren't, you were a baby when you were taken from here, don't you recall the palace?" That's when I have a memory of the palace from when I was young. I saw myself running around the corridors. I nod. "I do recall some things." She smiles. "But I belong in the states not here." I start to cry like crazy. She caresses my cheek and puts the hair behind my ear. "Sweetie your life is here now, why don't I help you get over this loss." I shake my head. "I'm sorry but that woman is not my mother." She nods. "It's ok I understand but why don't you let grandma comfort you." I smile and she gives me a huge hug. She caresses my head and I just continued to cry.