A Night To Remember

Many many years later
Life has been great. Ever since that horrible day at my in laws we never set foot again in Birmingham. Months after that I found out I was expecting twins, a boy and a girl. They are our pride and joy and Rhea loves being a big sister, she adores Liam and Leia. It only feels like yesterday that all my babies were actually babies. The reason why I'm saying this is because tonight is a night to remember, it was my baby, my Rhea's prom night. I was so happy for her. There we all were in the house waiting for her to get picked up by her boyfriend Roland. I look up as I see her standing by the stairs. "I can't believe my baby is all grown up and is going to her prom." I smile as she walks down the stairs. "How do I look?" She asks and I smile at her. "You look beautiful." She smiles. Killian walks up to her and smiles. "You look beautiful my princess." She smiles. That's when we hear the bell ring. Killian walks to the door and opens it. "Good evening mister Jones." Roland says. Killian stays quiet and invites him in. "How are you Mrs. Jones?" I smile. "I'm good Roland." He nods and smiles. Rhea walks in from the kitchen and Roland stood there in awe. "Rhea you look beautiful." Rhea blushes. "You look very handsome Roland." He smiles. "Ok I need to take a picture." I say and Rhea groans. "Mom really?" I laugh. "You shush I need a picture of my baby." Roland smiles and walks up to Rhea. I take a couple of pictures. After that I walk them to the door and I give Rhea a kiss on her forehead. "Have fun sweetie." She nods. "I love you Rhea." She smiles. "Love you too." Killian goes up to her and kisses her forehead. "Be careful." Rhea nods. "Love you dad." He smiles. "Love you too my love." Rhea smiles. "Have fun Roland." Roland smiles at me and nods. Killian then goes up to Roland and grabs his shoulder. "I expect you guys back no later than 12:30 well 1 the latest." Roland nods. Killian pats his back and they walk to his car. They get in and they went on their way. I wave goodbye as they drive away. Killian and I walked in and Liam and Leia ran passed us. "Hey no running." I screamed and they stopped and nodded. They quickly walked to the kitchen and grabbed some snacks and ran back upstairs. Liam and Leia are the craziest 13 year old twins to ever exist. That's why I love them so much. Killian sat down and I could see that he was worried. I sat next to him and put my chin on his shoulder. "What's wrong my love?" He looks down and smiles. "Nothing." I scoff. He laughs. "I'm just worried you know, it's prom but what if they you know..." I laugh. "Don't worry Roland is a young and respectable man, I know he will respect her." Killian nods. "I know it's just that I know how a guy thinks and well..." I laugh. "Oh shush she will be fine, lets enjoy the fact that we have the night off." He nods. We sat there and I chuckled. Killian gave me a weird look. "What's wrong?" I sigh. "I never went to prom." He gasped. "Really?" I nod. "I wasn't a social person in high school, I was pretty much a loner." Killian half smiles. "Don't worry my love I didn't go to prom either, we didn't have proms back in Birmingham because we would have a freaking ball every weekend." I laugh. "I guess we both lucked out." He nods. I lean against him and he gives me a warm and tender kiss. "I love you so much Emma." I smile. "I love you too." He smiles. "How about we watch a movie with the kids and order pizza and wings?" I nod. "I like the sound of that." He smiles. "Kids please come down stairs." Killian screams. We hear the two sets of feet walk down the stairs. "Yes mom, dad?" They both say in unison. "You guys want to watch a movie and eat pizza and wings?" They looked at each other and smiled. "Hell yea." They both again say in unison. Killian and I laugh. "I'll order the pizza." Liam says. "I'll pick the movie." Leia says. We laughed as we sat there hugging each other. Leia and Liam are so alike yet different. Even though they were different in appearance and of course genders their personalities were similar. Leia is such a sporty girl and Liam is a beast in basketball. They are nothing compared to Rhea who is the girliest girl at our residence. She's like the total opposite of me. Time passes by and we ate and watched two movies. It's 12 and the kids were knocked out. Even though they're both 13 they are my babies. Killian and I sit down on the table and went over some paper work. I look at the clock and it's 12:30. Rhea should be arriving soon. I could see Killian checking his watch. He was getting impatient. "Don't worry love they will be here soon." He smiles. It's 1am and there is still no sign of Rhea and Roland. I wasn't worried because I would skip curfews the few times I would actually go out and socialize but I was getting worried because Killian was getting mad. "Emma I told them to be back no later than 1." I smile. "Don't worry they'll be back." It's 1:40 and there is no sign of them. I start to worry a little. Killian keeps looking out the window and nothing. He grabs his coat and keys. "I'm going to go look for them." I grab his arm. "Killian wait..." He pulls away and walks out the door.