Painful Memories

Days later
Telling the kids that their sister is gone was the hardest thing Killian and I have ever done. Leia was devastated and Liam was just in complete shock that he still hasn't said a word since we told him the news. It almost felt as if the light in our house had died. Even Killian isn't his usual self and I'm trying to be the rock to hold this family together but I don't know for how long I will be able to do that. Today is Rhea's funeral and let me tell you, I am not ready for that. I just can't believe that my baby girl is gone, the one who I went dress shopping with. My little helper, she was my all along with my twins. My first love was Rhea and she's been taken away from me. Killian and the kids were getting for the funeral as I was in Rhea's room. I looked at all the pictures she had on her wall and I smiled. I looked at her chair and there laid her cap and gown. I closed my eyes and started to cry. She didn't even get to graduate. I look at the clothes laid on the floor and my mind goes back to prom night.

Flashback
"Ow mom." I half smile. "Sorry sweetie you know I'm not so good with doing these types of hairstyles." Rhea laughs. "I'm well aware." I scoff. "Hey." She smiles and laughs. I continue to pin her hair back. "I'm so nervous mom, I'm nervous and excited." I look at her reflection and I hug her. "Just have fun sweetie, I'm sure you and Roland will have a grand time." She smiles. "How was your prom?" I stood there quietly. "I didn't go to mine." She gasps. "How come?" I laugh. "Let's just say your mother was a loner and a nerd in high school." She laughs. "Oh my God mom." I laugh. "Yeah let's just say your father was my first official boyfriend." She gasps. "Mom you were 23 when you met dad." I nod. "Well I met him when I was 23 but I was like 24 when I was officially with him." Rhea smiles. "I don't think I'm ready for marriage and all that." I smile. "Don't worry about that Hun, hey I didn't get married till then tonight just focus on having a good time with Roland." I finish her hairdo and sprayed hairspray on her hair. Once I was done I put a hair clip on. Rhea gets up and looks at it and smiles. She goes and finishes doing her make up and I take out her dress from the bag and take out her shoes. She turns around and smiles. "Mom thank you." I smile. "Close your eyes sweetie." She nods and smiles. I pick up her hair and placed a snowflake necklace on her neck. "Ok open them." She looks at it and is in awe. "Mom I love it." I smile. "It was mine sweetie I was around your age when my aunt gave it to me and I thought you would like to wear it on your special night." She hugs me. "I will take very good care of it, and tomorrow you shall have it back." I shake my head. I touch the necklace. "It's yours sweetie, I think it deserves to have some fun with its new owner." A tear rolls down her face and I start to cry as well. She hugs me. "Mom, I know it's hard for you to be a mother since you didn't have one but I want you to know that I love you so much and I am blessed that I was granted with such an amazing mom." I smiled. "I love you too sweetie." I look at the clock and gasp. "Ah hurry sweetie it's almost time." I look at her and she smiles. "Love you mom." "Love you too." I walk out and close the door behind me. I smiled and I remembered what Rhea said. I always try my best to be the best mother for my kids and I'm happy to know that Rhea loves me and values that.
End of Flashback

I opened my eyes and the brightness that was in the room is now gone and the room is dark and gloomy. I touch the necklace and the tears were just coming down. Yeah I kept her necklace and I've been wearing it every since we found it on her body. Killian opens the door. "It's time my love." I dry my tears and nod. He hugs me and gives me a kiss on my forehead. We walk out the room and make our way to the car.