A New Land

I wake up and I look around and I'm in a room. It looks super fancy in here. I gasp. I was even wearing different clothes. Where's the man that had kidnapped me? That's when the door opens and I jump. "Oh good morning I'm so glad to see that you're awake." I give the old lady a weird look. "Who are you?" She smiles. "I am queen Clara, ruler of the kingdom of Birmingham." I gasp. "Where the heck is that at?" "It's a beautiful place." I was terrified and I just wanted to go home. "Let's just say you're in English country." I nod. "And what is your name?" I sat there terrified. "You can trust me dear." "Rhea Jones." She nods. "Where did you find me?" She smiles and sits down. "Well it seems that the man who kidnapped you brought you here and we found you on the side of the road and brought you to my palace." I gasp. I get up and I look out the window. I see the horizon and I'm mesmerized. "You like the view?" I look at the Queen and nod. "Yeah it's all nice but I really need to get back to my family, back to the states." She nods. "Don't worry we will get in contact with them but in the mean time why don't you get dressed and come join us for breakfast." I give her a weird look. "Umm your majesty I appreciate your kindness but shouldn't I wait like at Interpol or something?" She shakes her head and laughs. "Sweetie I will be more than happy to have you as my guest until your parents come to pick you up." I smiled. She smiled and walked out the door. I went up to the door and locked it. It was really odd that she was really kind to me. I tried to brush off this weird feeling and walked over to the closet. I opened it and my mouth dropped. So many beautiful dresses and also simple outfits. I grabbed a black skirt with a blue top and black wedges. I felt weird putting them on, I felt like these were maybe the princess's clothes. Speaking of princess is there one here? I shrug and tried to fix my hair. Once I finished I walked out of the room. I was escorted to the dinning hall to eat. "Ah dearest Rhea, welcome please have a seat." I bow. She waves her hand. "Please Rhea no bowing." I smile and sit down. They serve me a plate and I smile. It had been 5 days since I've eaten so when I saw that plate my eyes glowed. I started to eat super fast and the Queen sat there staring at me. I put my fork and knife down. "I'm sorry your majesty my last meal wasn't all that nutritious and that was 5 days ago." She gasps and touches her chest. "How dare they hurt my grand...you like that and not give you any food?" I gave her a baffled look and nod. She smiles. "Sweetie continue to eat." I nodded and continued to eat. "Rhea please I would like you to meet Flora." Flora nods. "Good Morning Rhea." I smile and nod. "She's my son's wife." I smiled as I wiped my mouth with a cloth napkin. "Nice to meet you Flora and your majesty you have a son?" She smiles and nods. "Yes he is amazing but he's not with us at the moment." I sigh. "I'm sorry." She nods. "I do have a daughter but she's traveling around the world." I smile. "And that's it besides the rest of the staff." I nod. "It must get lonely." The Queens gives me a confused look. "Lonely?" I nod. "Yes I mean I have my parents and my brother and sister which are twins but anyways it's always chaotic at my house and especially in the mornings." She smiles. "Do explain to us your life." I smile. "Well yeah my parents like I said well they work for the FBI and well I have twin siblings." She nods. "I have a boyfriend who I completely adore, his name is Roland and I mean I'm about to graduate..." I sat there quietly. I look down. "Well I was supposed to graduate." She grabs my hand and half smiles. "I'm sorry." I grabbed her hand and smiled. "It's ok." I looked at Flora and she seemed awfully quiet. "So Flora it must be awesome to live here at the palace huh?" She nods and smiles. I finish eating and that's when someone walks in. "Your majesty your car is ready." The Queen smiles. "Splendid Peter thank you." "I'm to visit the city with Flora, you want to join us Rhea?" "Umm shouldn't I be waiting for my parents?" She smiles. "Sweetie it will be days until they come into contact with us." I nod. "Ok." She smiles. "Thank you majesty but I'm not feeling so well." Flora says. The Queen sighs. "Ok my daughter go and rest." Flora walks away and I don't know why but she seemed way too fake to me. I brushed off the feeling and followed the Queen. We get into the car and we drive through the city and my was it beautiful. I was just mesmerized by everything. Man I'm pretty sure my family would love to see this. I missed them terribly and I wished they were here.