Chapter 42: Gold and Haki

The Beginnings of a Future Pirate King
Chapter 42: Gold and Haki
🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

"Loyalty and devotion lead to bravery. Bravery leads to the spirit of self-sacrifice. The spirit of self-sacrifice creates trust in the power of love."-Morihei Ueshiba

It was midday when the first shots were fired at the Moby Dick and Luffy ran to the side of the ship with excitement in his eyes and a wide grin on his face. Ace and Sabo were both in battle formation ready to defend their home and family at any given second.

"Luffy didn't you hear the noises? Get back!" Ace all but screamed at his little brother who closed his eyes and stepped gracefully to the side as a bullet went past his ear.

"Way too slow." He whispered in an almost bored tone making Sabo laugh and Ace groan.

Luffy's training with Mihawk had left him with sharp senses and a better control of himself and his wandering mind. Luffy was reaching a time in his life where his limbs felt too long and his feet too big but he wanted to be as normal as possible, which for Luffy was almost impossible.

Next to Luffy Sabo was the best at Haki, he had been training every day with Marco and refused to let up until he could properly punch Ace in the gut and Luffy over the head. Sabo was very proud of himself when he was finally able to take Ace down in one of their spars. He wanted to boast about the win over his brother but Ace's pout told the story of what happened for the blond.

Back to the battle where Ace and Sabo had started to fight the pirates off while ignoring their banter and taunting as they fought. Marco was flying up above attacking those who tried to jump to the large ship by swinging on a rope. Pops wasn't moving too much yet since there wasn't really a reason for him to, his children had everything under control but he would step in if things began to get out of hand.

"Ne, Ace!" Luffy said punching a man in the head sending him flying backwards. Ace turned his head towards the boy his brow raised up showing his interest.

"Wanna have a bet?" Ace had become interested in gambling since he stated spending more time with Thatch.

"What cha thinkin'?" Ace smirked and Luffy laughed.

"Shishishi, I bet I can get onto the other ship faster than you can." Luffy said in a sing-song voice.

"Why would we want to get on their ship?" Ace was confused.

"Welllll..."He dragged out looking around in case Marco's powerful ears were close by. "I heard pirates like treasure..." He started and Ace nodded his head.

"I also heard these guys braggin' about all the gold they got..." And it was like a light switched on in Ace's mind as a smile slowly formed over his handsome face.

"We steal their gold and I burn the ship to the ocean floor...?" Ace whispered looking at Luffy in a new light.

"I guess somethin' like that...Just think of all the meat I could by with that gold..." Luffy stopped his fighting so he could day dream and drool. Luffy suddenly ducked as Sabo swung his pipe across the boy's head hitting an attacking pirate in the nose sending him back.

"What are guys talking about?" He had been busy actually fighting to protect the ship.

"We're going to rob their ship." Luffy said with a grin while Sabo turned to Ace looking for a better explanation.

"We're starting it off with a bet-How much Lu?" He asked looking around Sabo towards Luffy who held up ten fingers.

"Ten Belli says I get to the ship first before Luffy does." Ace smirked and jumped around a few pirates aiming for the plank that connected the two ships.