Chapter 35: The Storm Hits!

The Beginnings of a Future Pirate King
Chapter 35: The Storm Hits!
🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

"Living is strife and torment, disappointment and love and sacrifice, golden sunsets and black storms. I said that some time ago, and today I do not think I would add one word."-Laurence Olivier

Thatch could see the Moby Dick in the distance and couldn't help the smile from spreading over his face.

"Home." Was all that was needed to be said for the tired division to brighten up.

Marco was leaning on the railing when he saw Thatch's small ship sailing closer to them and felt a sense of relief spread over him at the return of his brother.

"Luffy Thatch is home-yoi!" He called over to the kid who jumped up from his place on the figure head and raced to Marco's side. Marco pointed his finger towards the coming ship and for the first time in a day Luffy smiled.

"Bout time, he's late!" Ace accused following Luffy over to Marco. Ace and Sabo had been very worried about their little brother the entire time and while they wanted to cheer him up they didn't quite know how. Sabo was still off balance with his eye being constantly looked at and cleaned and Ace was bursting into flames at any given moment.

They almost made Luffy smile when Sabo thought up the idea of roasting marshmallows on Ace's flames. Ace thought it was a great idea until the treat ended up melting on him resulting in a sticky mess and a bath.

When the ship was close enough to home Thatch jumped up to the railing of the Moby Dick and smiled to see his siblings surrounding him.

"Now this is a proper welcoming." He said happily as Luffy tackled him into a hug.

"I missed you." He whispered into Thatch's coat tears brimming on his lashes.

"I'm home kid, I'm home." He said softly and looked to see Sabo and Ace standing a little bit away looking rather awkward. Picking Luffy up he then walked to the boys and pulled them into a one armed hug.

"Jeez don't just stand there! I expect to be loved greatly when I return home from a hard mission!" He said dramatically and Sabo successfully escaped Thatch's arms but Ace was pulled tighter.

"Hard mission-yoi?" Marco said looking at Thatch who growled at the phoenix.

"They were stronger then they looked. You're lucky I'm not craving phoenix or you'd be on the menu tonight brother." Thatch said playfulness in his eyes and Marco grinned back at him.

"I don't think phoenix tastes very good anyways-yoi." He replied while drool started to pour down Luffy face.

"Mmm meat...." Both men looked at the little kid and Marco paled slightly.

"Don't give him any ideas Thatch or I'll have your head-yoi!" Everyone couldn't help but laugh glad to have everyone home.

"Commander! I'll take this ship back to where it belongs!" One of the members called from the small ship Thatch nodded his head and waved as it sailed off back to the island it belonged on.

"Can I give you my report later? I have something I need to discuss with the old man..." Thatch said letting Ace finally go and putting Luffy down.

"Is it important enough to skip on your paper work-yoi?" Marco asked him seriously.

"The rumors about the devil fruit were true. I need to talk with the old man on what to do with it." He said pointing down at the box by his feet that held the unknown fruit.

Luffy was watching his brother's talk but felt unsure. Something about the box felt bad, felt wrong and was making his stomach hurt again. He didn't like the box and hoped it went away somewhere else so he never had to see it again.