Chapters 46: Stories of Grandpa, Beginning of goodbye

The Beginnings of a Future Pirate King
Chapters 46: Stories of Grandpa, Beginning of goodbye
🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

"There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart."-Mahatma Gandhi

Luffy was very excited! His grandpa was coming in a day to take him and his brothers on a trip. He had been told many different stories about his grandpa and most of them weren't that good. Ace and Sabo had told him of the many attempts on their lives from the old man. Pops told him of the times his Grandpa and he had fought across the seas and Marco told him of the battles he had with the old man as well. It seemed that with each passing person no one would say something good about the man and that made Luffy sad and even a little bit angry.

Luffy remembers meeting his grandpa for the first time and how he said he loved his drawings. No one liked his drawings! Even Marco would make a face at them, so when his grandpa liked them Luffy felt very happy.

"Luffy you've got it all wrong! That old geezer doesn't care about anyone but himself!" Ace exclaimed once again to the boy who just continued to pack his clothes into a bag Izou had made for him. The bag was very nice with bright yellow lion on it and it was bright red! Luffy loved that the bag was his favorite color.

"Yeah Lu, he hits you no matter what you say!" Sabo agreed to the boy who was growing more and more annoyed with each passing second.

"Well he's my grandpa!" He shouted at his brothers who looked surprised.

"But we've known him longer!" Ace shouted back at him

"That doesn't mean anything! I will judge him once I've truly met him!" Luffy pulled the string around his bag closing it before standing up and leaving the room annoyed with his brothers.

"Who's pissed you off this time little brother?" Thatch said walking up beside Luffy who was latterly stomping away from the bedroom.

"Who do you think?" He snarled at the man who flinched back a bit before recovering.

"There seems to be a long list lately..." He said eyeing the moody teenager.

"Screw off Thatch." Luffy said making his way to the galley.

Thatch was now very concerned so he turned directions towards the cabin where the brothers were still grumbling and packing.

"I can't believe he's excited! I mean it's just the east blue, nothing special!" Ace said to Sabo who looked up to see Thatch leaning on the door frame.

"Well now I know why he's so mad...again..." He said and the boys sighed.

"How bad this time?" Sabo asked putting his hat on his head blue eyes sad and distant.

"He told me to screw off." He repeated Luffy's words making brows rise on the brothers.

"That's a new one." Ace whispered as Sabo pulled a list of curse words used in the past 2 weeks by their little brother.

"Be glad it was me he said it to and not Marco." Thatch warned them seriously. Thatch knew that if Luffy said that to Marco the phoenix would hunt down the brothers for a lecture that could possible last hours.

"It's not our fault he's getting moody! We weren't even that moody at 13!" Ace said trying to remember being 13.

"Yes you were." Thatch pointed out to Ace who stared blankly at Thatch.

"Last I recall you burned down the entire table at dinner time because Luffy called you a name." Thatch remembered that day and how hard he had laughed and how angry pops and Marco had been at the kid.