Chapter 52: Of Swords and Nakama

The Beginnings of a Future Pirate King
Chapter 52: Of Swords and Nakama
🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

"The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life".-Richard Bach

On the Moby Dick

Thatch heard those words from the boys and watched as blue and gold flames began to lick over Marco's body making Thatch instantly grab Marco's wrist to hold him still.

"What do you mean he's missing-yoi?" He all but snarled at the boys but the snail flinched showing the effects it had on the teenagers.

"He snuck out of his bed at night..." Sabo started but Marco glared at them still.

"It was a storming out and you know what he's like! He likes rain for some odd reason!" Ace said in his defense.

"That doesn't explain why he's missing." Thatch said to the boys who frowned.

"He fell off the ship." Sabo said and Marco paled. Luffy was a fruit user and him falling off the ship in a storm had always been his worst nightmare, it also could mean instant death for the boy.

"I'm coming to you-yoi." He said trying to turn himself into a phoenix but found he couldn't.

"We'll discuss it with pops for now keep us updated, alright brats?!" Thatch said but was giving Marco a hard stare.

"Thanks Thatch and Marco... We'll find him." Ace said seriously to the man as Thatch hung up the phone.

"How are you holding back my powers-yoi?" Thatch had never been able to do this before.

"Sea stone ring handy isn't it?" He said coldly to his best friend. "For me who's not a fruit user it is nothing but decoration but it can stunt you guys even for a moment." He said but continued to hold his friend.

"Let me go Thatch-yoi." He said to the man but Thatch refused.

"If you show up in the East Blue things will go bad. You're a commander of the White Beard pirates Marco! If word gets out you're in the calmest sea looking for a child the attention will be turned onto Luffy! Do we really want our little brat to have a bounty on his head this early in his life?! What about Ace and Sabo? What will happen to them if the marines turn their attention onto them?" Thatch was never good at being the voice of reason-that was Marco's job- but there was no way in hell he was letting his brother go and mess up that royally.

"Then what should we do?! You can't expect me to sit by while Luffy is missing-yoi!" He snapped at Thatch who glared angrily at Marco

"The highest bounty in the East Blue is around 15 million and that's only because the man with that bounty was under Roger's command. Luffy is strong enough to take on pirates here in the New World-not beat them- but take them on. Have faith in our brother remember?!" Thatch said to Marco hoping to get the man calmed down.

"He fell into the ocean Thatch! You know he can't swim-yoi!" Marco argued and Thatch groaned in anger.

"Then what good would you be?! Last time I checked you and water aren't exactly friends either!" Thatch was having just about enough of this.

"What is wrong my sons?" Pops asked as the two men finally stood before him.

"Luffy is Missing-yoi." Marco said and pops felt the same worry and protectiveness in his chest that any of them felt.

"Did Ace and Sabo call you?" He needed to know where the information had come from because those words had caused many of the siblings around them to become fidgety.