Chapter 47 Contracts and Other "Arrangements"

Chapter 47 - Contracts and Other "Arrangements"

Payton

Payton

Knock knock

Knock knock

Knock knock knock

Sigh.

Knock knock knock

Knock knock

"Payton?! What are you doing here, is something wrong?"

I breathe a sigh of relief as the door finally swings open. I'd been knocking a while and was worried he'd left town or something. Irrational fear of course because we had plans for the late afternoon, but hey, it's me. I panic sometimes.

"Hi Remy...I'm sorry if I woke you," I say and then realize he has water dripping down his body and he's holding a towel around his waist. Lightbulb! That's why it took him so long, he was in the shower! It's not even 8:00 a.m., but I had to come see him, I'd been up for hours running it through my head. The way we left things last night and everything I wanted to say.

"You didn't wake me, I...I'm just, surprised to see you. I thought you were studying with your friends this morning."

"I'm sorry about last night."

"You have nothing to be sorry about."

"I needed to tell you something and I wouldn't be able to study or anything today until I did."

I watch as his face falls, like he's expecting the worst. Probably because I look like a madman. I'm sure my eyes are red from the little sleep I got and, shit, I think I forgot to brush my hair this morning.

"Come in. I'll throw some clothes on and we can talk."

"I forgive you," I blurt out.

"What?"

"I don't care what happened that night, It's over, it's in the past, I want to put all of that behind us and start fresh," I say as I rush forward and throw my arms around him like a total geek. But that's okay. I own my geekiness.

Strong arms come around me and pull me tight into his bare chest and I relax because a little part of me worried that maybe he'd changed his mind about being with me.