Sneak Peek #1 Breathless

Sneak Peek into Breathless - Ashton's story.

Seven Years Later

Seven Years Later...

"Grains low in fiber and high in total digestible nutrients," he says making me roll my eyes.

"Concentrates," I answer and he chuckles.

"See, you know all this stuff. I don't know why you're freaking out over the exam. You're totally gonna pass!" He reassures me so I hum, not knowing if it's agreement or disagreement.

"Maybe," I reply softly while tightening my grip on the bag I'm carrying.

"It's such a nice day," Kyle stretches his arms up before folding them behind his head, "we should go to the beach."

"You want to?" I ask while looking over at him and he smiles at me, his green eyes shining.

"It'd be nice, don't you think?" He suggests so I look up at the cloudless sky.

"Yeah, it's a nice day for the beach," I agree and he grabs my hand making me look over at him with a smile.

"So is that a yes? I know you hate sand and stuff, but I really wanna go," he says hopefully so I nod.

"Yeah, let's go home soon and get our stuff for the beach then go," I tell him and he leans over, smacking his lips against mine.

"Thanks babe!" He says giddily.

"No problem," I chuckle as he practically skips alongside me now.

We continue walking down the streets of downtown LA, going into random shops here and there. Kyle likes to shop, but luckily for me he doesn't spend three hours in one store like Tai or Tommy. I watch him looking through the racks of his favorite stores and quickly decide what he wants. There is no debate, if he wants it then he gets it. I'm glad he's not the type to ask for my opinion either, mostly because he knows I don't really care, but because he doesn't care what other people think either. If he likes it, he'll wear it. It's one of the things I admire about him. After a quick stop at Starbucks, we start the walk back to the apartment. At least it's not incredibly hot, I can deal with being at the beach for a few hours. As Kyle sings along to whatever song pops into his head, I hear someone call my name. My brows furrow as I look around, not seeing anyone that I know.

"Ashton," they repeat and I look back.

My drink slips right through my hand and hits the ground before splattering all over my shoes.

...to be continued

(This story will be posted on @PrinceKenzie's page at some point in the future, not right away and probably not for a while as she is working on several books currently and has several to go before she gets to Breathless.)