Hospital

~ 2 days later ~

Mitch POV

I sit next to Kirstie, holding her hand tightly in mine. The doctors said she has a mild concussion and a clean break in her wrist, but other than that she's fine.

Concussions only last 48 hours, but she'll be in hospital for a week so she can have surgery on her wrist to set the bone again. I've already cleared part of my schedule to visit her everyday.

Miss James gave me permission to do 1 hour long tutoring sessions for the remainder of Kirstie's hospital time so I can spend more time with her.

"M-Mitchy?" Kirstie mumbles, turning to face me. "W-what-"

"Shhh go back to sleep," I whisper, interrupting her. The doctors told me not to tell her anything, as it might cause some traumatic damage to her mental health. They said its best to just try and avoid having to make small talk.

"O-ok," Kirstie says, shutting her eyes.

Scott and I haven't talked about... The kissing thing yet. I don't know if I want to, but at the same time I really, really want to. It all depends on whether he brings it up or not. I shared a lot with him, more than I thought I'd ever have been comfortable with sharing. I don't know what's going to happen from here.

"I have to go to school now, but I'll be back after tutoring," I tell her, getting up to leave. Kirstie nods numbly and smiles at me, starting to snore softly. I roll my eyes and exit the room.

~

I'm back that night, holding Kirstie's hand as she falls asleep, holding her hand as the nurse comes to check her levels, holding her hand as the staff tells me I have to go home.

Scott didn't come to tutoring today or yesterday, his mum called and told me that he couldn't make it. I told Miss James and she said that she already knew, but for some reason I... I missed tutoring him.

I hop into my car, slamming the door shut behind me. I don't want to leave Kirstie. She'll be out in 5 days, but I just want her to be fine. She doesn't deserve to be hurt. I should've been the one to get hurt in the crash, not her. I should've moved before that car hit us. It was my fault that Kirstie's in hospital. It's all my fault. Everything is my fault.