The Boy Who Wore His Pain

Trigger warning

Scott POV

I step into Mitch's house. Mitch told me where the secret key is, just in case he was ever doing something right when tutoring started and couldn't come to get the door for me.

"Mitch?" I whisper, not really wanting to receive a reply. That'd mean that I have to stay and tell him... everything.

"GO AWAY, KIRSTIN!" Mitch screams from his bedroom. "I HATE YOU SO MUCH! DON'T TALK TO ME EVER AGAIN, YOU CUNT!"

"Mitch?! Why would you talk to Kirstin that way?!" I say, bursting into his room. He's not in there, so I just stand by the door. I could've sworn I heard him in here.

"Scott..." I hear Mitch whisper from somewhere. "Why are you here?"

"To... to talk," I say I unconfidently, my voice a calm whisper. "Where are you?"

"In the bathroom... don't come in, please," Mitch says.

I walk over to the bathroom and lean my back against the door.

"Mitch, I'm sorry," I say, on the verge of tears. This is exactly why I didn't want to do this. "I'm sorry for being a dick to you in school, for being mean to you here, for not coming earlier..."

"I, uh," Mitch whispers.

"You don't have to answer," I tell him softly, a single tear rolling down my cheek to fall on my shirt.

Mitch doesn't reply, and I start to wonder why he hasn't come out of the bathroom yet. Mitch may be scared of me when I'm being a bully, but in a moment like this, Mitch would always talk to me face to face.

"Mitch, may I come in?" I ask, standing up.

"No!" Mitch replies quickly. There's the sound of something being put away and there's a crashing noise as something falls. I wonder what he's doing?

There's silence for a few seconds, before Mitch let's out a silent sob that he was obviously trying to contain.

"Mitch, can you please come out and talk to me?" I plead, resting my hand against the door.

"I'm gay. Let's talk," Mitch says, letting out a dry chuckle.

"I'm being serious, Mitch. Can you open the door please?" I ask, a little bit nervous. It's unlike Mitch to make a joke at a time like this.

"No," Mitch replies after about a minute. "You can't come in."

There's a clattering noise again and Mitch inhales sharply. He might've accidentally hurt himself, I need to help.

"Mitch I'm going to break down your door if you don't let me in," I say firmly.

"Scott, just go away!" Mitch yells.

That's it, I'm going in.

I throw my weight against the door and am surprised when the lock gives in. The door slams open and I walk inside. Sitting on the edge of the bath, Mitch stares at me. He's holding a razor coated in blood, matching his arm which looks like a war zone. He's been cutting.

"Scott..." Mitch whispers, tears falling rapidly from his eyes.

I don't let him say another word and I walk over to him and hug him.

~

Sorry for a really sad chapter, but I thought it was about time given that THIS STORY HAS 333 READS!! ILY ALL THANK YOU! xxx