Seeking Approval

SeeThroughBaby this one's for you boo <3 also schools out for this year down here in Australia, so HYPE because imma have so much time to just chill and write :)

~

Heartbreaker Grassi's POV

"Kit?" I call out, entering her room with caution. I let myself into her house and her mum came down to tell me she was reading in here.

"Hey, babe! What's up?" She asks, setting her book aside. I note that it's 'pride and prejudice'; a favourite of hers.

"A lot..." I say with a grin. She smiles and pats her empty bed in front of her, motioning for me to come and join her. I follow her request, jumping into place on her comfortable queen sized bed.

"Gimme the bad news before the good," Kirstie says, as per usual. She hates hearing bad news, but she'd rather receive it first as to make the good news sound even better.

"First piece of bad news; I've run out of lube," I say with a smirk. Kirstie falls back on her bed, laughing like crazy.

"I'm not sure if that's bad or not!" She snorts, continuing to laugh her head off.

"Agreed!" I say, laughing with her. Once we've both calmed down, I deliver my second piece of 'bad' news; "My mum is making me go away for the summer."

"NO! DON'T GO - PLEASE, I'LL DO ANYTHING!" Kirstie pleads, pulling me in for a tight hug. We had so many plans for this summer vacation, but my mum had to ruin it by making me go and visit relatives.

"Already tried pleading, but it's no use trying to make deals with the devil," I say, smiling as I refer to my mum as the devil. Kirstie gets my reference and laughs, knowing that I'm not being serious.

"Ok, gimme some of the good stuff," Kirstie says, using a 'stereotypical drug dealer' voice.

"Well... You know how I promised to tell Scott that I loved him during camp and never ended up doing it?" I ask her.

"Yes," she says, rolling her eyes. "What about it?"

"I completed my promise, just a little bit late."

"WHAT HOLY SHIT OH MY GOD WAIT SERIOUSLY OH MY FUCKING HOLY-"

"Shhhhh, Kirstin, your mother will hear you!" I tell her, clamping a hand firmly over her mouth.

She stares up at me with wide eyes, reading my face to see if I'm lying or not. Once she realises I'm not lying, her suspicion is replaced with the largest grin I've ever seen on her face.

"Oh my God, I'm so proud of you..." She says, pulling me in for a hug for the second time today.

"Well, Scott technically said it first..." I trail off, looking anywhere but Kirstie's face.

"That son of a bitch finally grew a pair and told you - thank the Lord; I was going insane having to wait so long!" Kirstie word-vomits, her grin making it impossible for my to take her seriously. Well, that and the things she's saying. "So when did he do it? Was it super romantic?"

"He told me straight after we finished having sex," I say, shooting her a cheeky smirk.

She rolls her eyes and says, "of course."

~

After many conversations concerning Scott and I, Kirstie finally decided that we should call it a day. I decided to sleep over, grabbing one of my pairs of Pajamas out of her closet. I've kept at least one pair of Pajamas in her closet for as long as I can remember; that proves how close we are.

We climb into her bed and watch horror movies on her laptop until 1am, before finally attempting (and failing miserably) to fall asleep.

My phon stats buzzing and I pick it up to answer it, hoping its Scott or Avi.

--

Scottie Bear
Are you still awake?

Me
Yes :) why are you awake?

Scottie Bear
Just thinking about you...

Me
Why is there no vomit emoji?

Scottie Bear
I'm sickeningly cute :P

Me
You're sickeningly weird. Why are you really up?

Scottie Bear
Mums new boyfriend and her are keeping me awake. Or rather, their headboard is keeping me awake.

Me
EWWWWWWW!!! GROSS!!

Scottie Bear
:(:(:(:(:(

Me
Hold up one second...

--

"Hey, Kirst.." I say, smiling sweetly at her. "Can Scottie come over?"

"Year sure," she mumbles, nodding her head numbly.

--

Me
Come join us at Kirstie's house!

Scottie Bear
Ok I'll be there in 10 :)

Me
Scott...

Scottie Bear
Yes?

Me
I love you

Scottie Bear
I love you too, nerd.