Sing

Scott POV

"I'm just gonna grab a different shirt," Mitch says, waking to his wardrobe. We just finished tutoring and we're going to go and grab some Chinese food for dinner.

"You don't have to wear anything nice - we're just picking up the takeaway," I say with a chuckle.

"Honey, momma needs to look good always," Mitch says, putting his hand on his hip and standing in a very sassy position.

I crawl over to him and get very close to his, my breath hot on his skin.

"Does that make me Daddy?" I whisper, kissing his neck. He visibly shivers and I notice his bulge growing.

"Scott..." Mitch whispers, his pupils dilated with lust.

"Hurry up, we need to go and get the food," I say with a chuckle, moving away from him.

Mitch huffs a sigh of annoyance and quickly pulls on another shirt. We go downstairs and exit the house, getting into his car and driving to the Chinese takeaway store.

When we get back we stuff ourselves with noodles, rice, and other assorted items of Chinese food.

"Is it bad that I love this so much?" Mitch asks.

"Definitely not. I fucking love Chinese food. Like, I would live on Chinese food," I say, grinning like a toddler.

We sit in silence for a little while, just browsing our phones. Suddenly, Mitch starts humming under his breath. He sings so well, and I think the song he's singing is called Halo by Beyoncé. I don't know whether or not to join in, I mean, Mitch doesn't know that I sing, but I love Beyoncé so much. I decide to sing along with him.

He hums the melody and I sing the words, and we actually sound pretty good together. Almost like we were made to song with each other.

"You sing so well, Scott," Mitch says, beaming at me. "Why didn't you tell me that you sing?"

"I didn't really feel the need to," I shrug. "You sing better than me, anyway."

"Bullshit, you're the best singer I've ever heard," Mitch tells me.

"You've obviously not heard yourself then!" I say, chuckling slightly.

Mitch grins at me and looks like he's thinking. He has the weird face when he's focusing, like he frowns but pokes his tongue out of his mouth slightly.

"I have a really super duper amazing idea and you should definitely hear it," Mitch says, jumping up and down and squealing like a little girl.

"Um... what is it?" I ask, extremely suspicious but entertained by Mitch.

"You should join the choir with me!" Mitch says. Suddenly, it's as if my entire brain freezes and I don't know what to say.

~

Mitch POV

"You should join the choir with me!" I says, so excited. He'd be such a strong lead singer and I would love to hear him singing all the time.

"Uh... what did you say?" Scott asks, his forehead starting to glisten with sweat.

"That you should join the choir with me!" I repeat, grinning like a toddler.

"Um... Mitch, I-" Scott starts, but I cut him off, talking over him.

"Look, I know you're probably worried about auditions, but trust me, you're such a good singer that you'll definitely get in!" I blabber, pacing around a little. This would be so good for Scott!

"Mitch!" Scott practically yells, silencing me. His voice returns to a normal level as he says, "Mitch, I can't join the choir."

"W-why not?" I ask, more than a little shocked. Is he doubting his singing capabilities? "You're so good!"

"Mitch, I may be myself around you, but I still have a reputation around school. If I join choir, everyone will think I'm a loser or something," Scott says.

The words hit me like a slap to the face. How dare he? At first I was sad, but now I'm angry. No, more than angry - furious.

"HOW DARE YOU?!" I scream. "YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THAT KIND OF TERMINOLOGY! I THOUGHT YOU HAD STOPPED BULLYING ME!"

"WHY SHOULD YOU CARE ABOUT WHAT I SAY? I DON'T HURT YOU ANYMORE, SO IM NOT ONE OF YOUR BULLIES - STOP SAYING I AM ONE!" Scott yells in return, his face going slightly red.

"I THOUGHT YOU HAD CHANGED! I FUCKING HATE YOU!" I scream, storming away from him.

"Why would you care if I changed?" Scott replies, his voice oddly quiet. "We're just fuck buddies, aren't we?"

And with that, Scott runs out of my house and slams the door behind him. I crawl over to my wardrobe and squeeze myself into the corner, allowing the tears to fall freely from my eyes.