New Years Eve

Happy New Year!! Here's to hoping 2017 won't be as shit as 2016!

~

Kirstin Mal-DUN DUN DUNNN-ado POV

"I'm so ready! We only have to hit 2 parties this year," Jeremy says, adjusting his collar in the mirror.

I roll my eyes and say, "Unlike you, I've never been to a New Years Eve party. I've kissed my gay best friend at midnight every New Year since we were 8."

"Well, good thing we're going to Scott's party second! He always hosts the best parties... His house is huge, so the party has about 100 people, maybe more. I can't wait to go there!" Jeremy gushes, practically fangirling over Scott.

"Who's party are we hitting first?" I ask, applying a coat of lipstick to my lips. I opted for a classy, yet kind of sexy outfit this year; a black knee-length dress with a sweetheart neckline that flares at the waist, black pumps with a sparkly heel and minimal makeup.

"Travis's - if we didn't go, he'd be literally so pissed. Well, you don't have to go, but I do. You don't have to come to his party," Jeremy assures me, worried at my panic stricken face.

"Um, if it's alright with you, I'll just head to Scott's place..." I trail off, worried that I might've offended the boy.

Jeremy grins and says, "That's fine; at least I know you'll be safe with Scott. I couldn't predict what might happen at Travis's place."

~

Mitchhhhhhhhhh's POV

"POUR ME ANOTHER NO DON'T WAG YOUR FINGER AT ME!" Scott and I sing. We dance around his bedroom, half getting ready, half dancing our hearts out.

I flop down onto his bed, out of breath and completely ready. He sits down beside me and plays with my fringe, singing the last parts of the song.

"Just for now..." He hums, more to himself than to me.

Suddenly, tears spring to my eyes and I can't stop myself from crying. Scott looks alarmed at my sudden outburst, unable to figure out what's wrong.

"Shh, baby," he whispers to me, clutching me to his chest.

"I-I..." I sob, trying to talk. "I love you so, so, so, so much!"

Scott draws back and looks me in the eyes. "I love you more than you could ever imagine," he replies, kissing the top of my head gently.

"N-no, you d-don't understand!" I sob, unable to stop. "I love you so much more! I love you more than I could ever love someone, and if you ever left me, my heart would literally break in half and there would be no point in living! I love you so much!"

"Mitch..." Scott whispers into my hair.

"Scott Hoying, please promise me that you'll never leave me," I say, looking him in the eyes.

He stares me dead in the eyes for a few minutes before saying, "Mitchell Grassi, I promise that I'd never leave you. I promise that if I ever left you, it would be only because I'm dead."

I pull him into a tight hug, clutching his body to mine. I rub my hands over him, trying to savour every detail of him I can find, like I'm trying to memorise the muscle patterns on his back.

~

Scottish Hoe's POV

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" Everyone screams.

The clock chimes and it's officially 12am, the first day of the New Year. Everyone turns to their significant others, or for some people, person next to them, and kiss the, gently.

I turn to Mitch. Yes, this is it. We're finally going to announce to everyone that we're together by kissing at midnight on New Years Eve.

"Ready?" He whispers, pulling me close.

"Always ready if you're next to me," I whisper in reply, pressing my lips to his.

We share a tender kiss, wrapped in each other's arms. The rest of the world fades out, and all I can focus on is Mitch, and how perfect this moment is.

When we pull apart, everyone is clapping and cheering for the New Year. I notice Kirstie standing by Jeremy, and I take it they shared the kiss together. I think it's sweet that Kirstie has found someone nice, someone who will treat her well.

"Happy New Year," Mitch whispers, pressing his forehead against my chest.

"Happy New Year," I whisper in reply, kissing the top of his head.