chapter 21: passing conversation

A month almost had passed. Chara hadn't showed up for a while. Halloween was almost here and you were gonna help in a haunted trail.

"Hey sans ya up?" You yelled up the stairs. You herd a groan. "Hey you shut up! Your not the one going to school!" You yelled back playfully.

You walked to the front door and grabbed your coat. The air wasn't warm anymore it was cold but not too cold, despite that you still wore one. "Ok let's go kiddo." Sans pit his hand on your head and you were at school in a snap.

It was a half day for some strange reason, but you didn't question it. You saw Cassidy and ran over to her. "Oh hey (Y/N)!" She said filled with joy. "So I asked my mom if I could stay over at your house, and she said yes, but the real question is will your group mind?" She said while looking around

"Mom won't mind!' you said happily. "Neato!" You were outside your class and walked beside her. You yet agian took your seat and started writing a few notes. The teacher started Calling roll. Asriel?" "Oh he's not here today." You said while looking up. "Is he sick?" " Oh no no no he had a doctor appointment." You reassured her.

The class finished up and you went to electives. Chorus then PE. "Hey Cassie wanna walk to chorus with me?" She nodded din response and you took the long way despite going to the same class

You walked to the class but before you could even walk In an announcement came on the speaker
"(Y/N) (l/N) please come to the office with your things." You waved bye to Cassidy and walked to the office to see sans. "Uh sans what's wrong?" You asked him. He looked stressed. "It pap." Your eyes widened and you grabbed his hand and he teleported.

"What happened?" You said while letting of if his hand. "We don't know yet, but Asriel found him unresponsive outside." You could see tears brimming his eyes. "Sans he'll be fine." You looked up at him. He wiped his eyes and nodded. "Well kiddo let's go in." You walked into the hospital and saw everyone in the lobby. You took a seat and sans did as well.

"He's fine punk just if you were worried." Undyne spoke up. Sans had a sigh of relief.

But you couldn't help but hear a passing conversation... but no one was talking.

"You've fallen haven't you?"
"..."
"Here let me help you."
"..."
"My name is Asriel."
"My...name.....is
Chara."