Chapter 3 - Devil in Her Heart 🕒Friday, November 1st, 1963🕞

"You know, it'll be nice having a new audience to sit in on our rehearsal for once." Paul said as we walked in. "You can be our outside source, give us constructive criticism."

"Or she can keep her yap shut and be grateful she's even here." John said from across the room. Paul rolled his eyes.

"He doesn't take kindly to criticism at all." Ringo whispered, making me laugh.

We had all made our way into a large, hollow room scattered with chairs, tables, and instruments. I shivered, still not believing where I was standing. This was the very room where their songs were recorded. This was the room where magic happened. Paul pulled up a chair for me and ushered for me to sit down.

"You can just hang here for now. We're going to run through some newer songs and touch up the older stuff."

I smiled at him. "Thanks, this is great. I can't wait to hear you play." I tried to relax on the outside when in reality, I was exploding with excitement. Ringo poured himself a cup of tea and carried another cup over to Paul. He looked at me and stopped.

"Would you like a cuppa?" he asked. I smiled.

"Yes, that would be nice. Thank you."

He handed me Paul's and grinned. Paul was preoccupied at the moment tuning his bass and didn't notice. John opened his guitar case and I swooned as he took out his beautiful Rickenbacker 325. I played guitar myself and there was nothing on earth that could have beaten this moment.

"May I hold it?" I got up the courage to ask, bashfully. John paid no attention and began to strum to himself, quietly.

"I guess that's a no..." I said, more to myself, but Ringo laughed.

"Don't pay him any mind." he said. "He's bloody moody, he is. He can turn on yer like tha'."

After everyone had gotten set up, the lads made their way to the front of the room where Ringo sat behind the drum set. He counted them off, clicking his rim, and with Paul singing lead, they launched into one of their biggest hits of all time.

Close your eyes and I'll kiss you

Tomorrow I'll miss you

Remember I'll always be true

And then while I'm away

I'll write home every day

And I'll send all my loving to you

I'll pretend that I'm kissing

The lips I am missing

And hope that my dreams will come true

And then while I'm away

I'll write home every day

And I'll send all my loving to you

All my loving, I will send to you

All my loving, darling I'll be true

Close your eyes and I'll kiss you

Tomorrow I'll miss you

Remember I'll always be true

And then while I'm away

I'll write home every day

And I'll send all my loving to you

All my loving, I will send to you

All my loving, darling I'll be true

All my loving, all my loving

Woo-ooh, all my loving, I will send to you