Chapter 31-Starting Over 🕒Monday, November 18th, 1963🕞

I awoke to the feeling of someone's presence. Opening my eyes I discovered George standing awkwardly by the door grinning down at me. He blushed a little and ventured cautiously over to the side of the bed.

"Good morning future girl." he whispered in my ear leaning over to place a kiss on my cheek.

"George!" I squealed rolling over onto my side and pulling up the comforter to cover myself as Ringo walked in.

"I was just wakin Wendy." George stated placidly. Ringo rolled his eyes and nodded, crossing his arms and leaning against the door frame. They both stood there gawking at me as I lay there giggling like a fool.

"Could I convince yer to make us some brekkie?" George asked his eyes shining in the morning light. I grinned and nodded.

"I will...but a couple minutes longer." I said snuggling deeper into the covers.

George smirked.

"But we're hungry!" he whined pausing with a twinkle in his eye. "I'll tickle yer if yer don't get up."

My eyes widened.

"You wouldn't dare!"

A mischievous look crossed George's face as he advanced towards me.

"No George don't!" I cried, rolling over. "I'm not dressed..."

"Oh." His cheeks flushed a deep crimson and he backed away towards Ringo quickly shutting the door behind him. I grinned and got up, stretching and pulling on my nightgown. If it had been John he would have been further encouraged.

After running a brush through my hair I ventured outside to the kitchen where George and Ringo awaited their faces lighting up at my presence.

"What would you lads like?" I asked looking around the kitchen skeptically. It wasn't much but if George lived there surely there was a wide variety of ingredients.

"Eggs." George said. Ringo nodded.

"I'll have eggs also, thanks love."

"Ok and how would you like them cooked?"

"Scrambled." said George. Ringo gave him a look.

"Sunnyside up." he said irritably. I rolled my eyes and turned to find a pan to cook them in.

"Anything else?"

"Hotcakes are nice." George said wistfully and I laughed shaking my head.

"I'll see what I can do."

Lighting the stove, I placed the pan over the burner and cracked two eggs to start with the scrambled. As I did George snuck up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, nuzzling my neck. I felt eyes watching from the table.

"George!" I whined pulling away. "Not now!" 

"I see you two have made up." Ringo remarked bitterly, a hint of annoyance in his voice. I blushed and turned around, looking at George.

"We have mate." George said pulling me in as if to claim me. "Is there a problem?"

Ringo stared blankly ahead.

"No." he said, picking up the paper and pretending to read. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. But then I couldn't complain either.

"We've got a big day ahead of us!" George said excitedly as he stood there continuing to hold me. I frowned as it suddenly dawned on me that I had to go to work.

"Shoot!" I exclaimed biting my lip.

"What's wrong?"

"I've got to go to work!" I said looking at the clock on the wall. "I'm going to be late!"

George let go of me.

"Go get ready. I'll finish the eggs."

I looked at him.

"Are you sure?"

George nodded and I rushed from the kitchen to my room where I rummaged around till I found my pink mini dress. I threw it on and quickly applied mascara and lipstick, stepping into pumps and running back into the kitchen. As I did George was spooning out eggs onto a plate.

He grinned up at me.

"Wow five minutes and yer look great."

I smiled and began to scarf down the eggs which were extremely scrambled.

When I had finished I grabbed my purse and coat and headed for the door.

"I'll see you lads later!" I called over my shoulder as I walked out. George grabbed his coat and ran after me.

"Wait I'm leaving for the studio. I'll drive yer!"

We ran out to George's car and got in, flashbacks of our first date popping into my mind.

"What about Rings?" I asked as the engine roared to life. George shrugged.

"He can drive separate or take the bus. He does that sometimes."
"Oh." I fell back against the seat as George eyed me curiously.

"Love, did he say anything to yer?"

I gulped.

"Um yeah...I guess...not a whole lot, though."

George frowned.

"Like what?"

"I don't know."

"Wendy yer can tell me. I won't be angry."

"You promise you won't take it out on him?"

"I promise."

I sighed and looked out the window trying to find the words to say. Luckily I didn't have to.

"He confessed his feelings for yer didn't he?"

I nodded looking down.

"Well?" George said raising an eyebrow. I frowned.

"Well what?"

"Well-well how do yer feel about him?"

I gasped.

"George! You don't think I have feelings for him do you?"

He looked down.

"I dunno."

I smirked and leaned over the glovebox, kissing his jawline playfully. Mmm that man had a one that could cut glass!

"Does that answer your question?" I asked seductively batting my eyelashes. He grinned.

"I'll say it does!"

We pulled up outside the agency a minute or so later and I quickly got out.

"Thanks for the lift Geo!" I called starting to walk in.

"Aren't yer forgetting somethin then love?" George asked leaning forward in anticipation. I looked at him in bewilderment until he tapped his finger to his cheek. I giggled and shook my head.

"Oh no. You've already had your share of kisses for the day. If I keep it up they won't be special."

"Oi!"

He pouted and I rolled my eyes walking back around to the driver's side.

"Fine. But don't think that-" I was cut off by his lips as he went in for the kill. As I struggled backwards, he finally let me go and drove away, covered in lipstick and that goofy grin of his. Cheeky.

Flustered I smoothed my dress and walked into the agency.

"Good morning Miss Parker!" Adrian called out. I turned around wistfully wishing instead I could have spent the day with George.

"Good morning." I sighed glancing at the clock. It was going to be a long time till 5:00.