Chapter 34-Crackerbox Palace 🕒Tuesday, November 19th, 1963🕞

What. I raised my eyebrows in shock and laughed out loud.

"I can't believe this."

George grinned.

"What can't yer believe?"

"That you-you...nevermind."

He laughed and shook his head.

"I'm serious! Someday when I'm rich and famous I'd really like to come back and live here. I want to garden on all the acres of land, settle down and raise a family, maybe have a kid or two."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Here?" I whispered. "At Friar Park?"

He laughed shaking his head.

"Yes! What? Yer don't think I could do it?"

"Um no...quite the opposite actually..."

"This is one of my favorite places on earth, for sure my favorite in England."

I nodded.

"I know about Friar Park."

George raised an eyebrow.

"Don't be daft! How could yer have heard of Friar Park?
Yer couldn't possibly have been here before. It's off limits. The whole place is abandoned, nobody's lived in it in years. Needs to be renovated. Had to pay the taxi driver extra just to drop us off. I was up last night preparing a picnic for us to have here. Tada love, this is it. Surprise surprise."

I grinned.

"Oh George you didn't have to do that!"

"Of course I did. I had to treat me lady to something special didn't I?"

I giggled and threw my arms around him.

"Thank you."

George set his guitar on the ground and grinned.

"Now. Lets eat!" he said.

Opening up the large basket I watched as he lifted out a large checkered blanket and spread it out on the ground. I peeked in the basket and gasped in shock. There was enough food in there to feed an army!

"Geez George where did you get all this?" I exclaimed. He chuckled.

"I told yer. I made it all last night.

I shook my head and laughed as he began to take everything out and spread it on the blanket. There were pitchers of tea and lemonade, little ham and turkey sandwiches, bottles of coke, bags of potato chips, cherries and grapes, and burried under it all, an extravagant looking chocolate cake.

"Georgie I didn't know you were such a good cook!" I teased admiring all that was before me. He smirked.

"Bought it at the bakery." he said sticking his tongue between his teeth.

We began to eat as we enjoyed the beautiful surprisingly sunny and warm weather November was sporting. When we had finished I lay on my back staring up at the clouds.

"That was delicious." I said.

George nodded as he took out his guitar and began to strum a little tune. It was so soothing to hear him play. I could have laid there for hours.

Then he smirked at me and began to sing,"Listen. Do you want to know a secret? Do you promise not to tell? Woah-ooh-oh-oh closer. Let me whisper in your ear. Say the words you long to hea-ear. I'm in love with you. Whooh-hoo-ooh-ooh. Listen."

"Doo da da." I giggled upon joining in on the second verse.

As we sang together I was amazed at just how good we sounded.