Jin: First Date

I suggested going to a cafe, even though I didn't drink coffee. Why did I do that? 

"You know, you're really slow, even though I'm the one wearing high heels." I look up to see Miga a few feet in front of me. She really does look like a princess from here. I laugh and jog to catch up with her. Once I'm side by side with her, I realize that she's actually quite tall.

"You're almost the same height as me." It was an observation. Miga looked my way, "I think it's because of the heels. Why, do you not like that I'm almost as tall as you?" She looked cute worrying. "Ani, I was just observing. I like girls that are tall." I like looking into a girl's eyes, and besides, I don't like looking down. Then people can't notice my face. Miga's blushing again. She's cute when she's embarrassed.

"Miga." I say suddenly. It was awkward, we were both just walking down the stone path. "Hmm?" She looks up. "How old are you?" She thinks for awhile, "In Korean age, I'm 24." Right. Miga is from China. "So you're two years younger than me?" Miga nods. "Should we drop formalities?" Miga looks nervous, "Can I ask you something?" Curious, I agreed. "Can I-uh. I know this might sound weird, but can I, perhaps... call you, uh...hyung?" hyung?  "Waeyo?" Miga bit her lip, "This might sound odd, but it's because when I first watched k-pop, I watched Exo sunbae-nims, so I thought you were supposed to address all men older than you hyung. I found out later that I'm supposed address men older than me oppa or sunbae-nim, but hyung just kind of stuck." She smiled, "If you're not okay with it, I can call you oppa. It's just that when I think of the word oppa, I just think of Oppo R9 mobile phone." 

"Isn't that the company that's sponsoring WGM?" Miga nods. Hyung. Miga was odd. But then again, I'm not ordinary either. And she is  from China... "Sure." Miga turns around, "What?" I nod, "You can call me hyung if that's what makes you comfortable." Miga suddenly smiles wide, "Kamsamnida!" She hugs me. I'm surprised by the sudden hug. Miga realizes what she's doing and lets go. "Uh, mianhe." She smiles sheepishly, blushing. This time, I'm blushing too, "It's okay." 

We arrive at the cafe without saying another word. "Uhm, I'll have an iced americano please!" Miga was ordering. I ordered a hot chocolate and a cookie. "Kamsamnida!" She bowed in her seat as the waitress walked away. I smile. We talk for awhile. I find out that Miga has two older brothers, and she's from a city in China called Wu Han. They have dialect too, and she spoke some to me. Of course, I can't understand the difference between dialect and regular Chinese. The waitress comes with our orders.

"Hyung." I put down my drink to see Miga staring at me. It was weird seeing a girl call me hyung, "You don't like to drink coffee, right?" I look down at my hot chocolate, "Ne." Miga looks really guilty, "Mianhe! I should've asked if you wanted to go somewhere else." I shake my head smiling, "Ani, it's okay. I was the one who suggested coming here in the first place." Miga looks down, "But still, I'll make it up to you some time." I like how Miga's already talking about making it up to me, like we're going to be together for awhile.

"Oh, Miga?" Miga looks up. "You're going to address me as hyung, but then what should I address you as?" Miga thinks for a moment, then smiles, "Can you call me MiMi?" She pronounces it differently. I cough on my drink. "MiMi?" She nods. It's a cute name. It suits her. "Ne, of course." She makes eye contact with me and smiles. We're silent as we finish our drinks.

"MiMi?" Gosh that sounds awkward. The smile on Miga's face is worth it though, "Ne?" We're walking around the street. I put my hands in my pockets, "I was just wondering, who else do you call hyung?" Miga tilts her head, as if thinking, "Just about everybody. I call all of Exo hyung, I call you hyung, I call almost all of NCT hyung, I sometimes call my own members hyung if I'm annoyed. I either call people hyung or ge. It's the Chinese way of saying hyung, except both girls and boys say ge," she explains once she sees my face. Miga's getting more talkative. She has a mischievous smile on. It suits her well. "I sometimes even call Lee Sooman 'hyung'" I open my mouth in shock, "No way!" She nods happily, "I get away with it though."

I see some people staring at us. I realize it's because Miga is still wearing the crown. "Mig- MiMi, you can take off the crown if you want to." Miga touches her head, realizing that she still has the crown on her head, "Oh! Ani," shaking her head, "Oppa gave it to me, so I should keep it on." I raise my eyebrows, "Oppa?" Miga suddenly stopped, her eyes widen very quickly, "I didn't even know! It just slipped out!" A smile forms on my lips as I continue walking, "It's okay, I like it when you call me oppa." Miga runs to catch up with me. She's pretty fast in heels. "Okay, I'll call you oppa. You know, you're the first person I ever called oppa willingly." 

"Willingly?" Miga nods, "I have to call hyung's oppa if I want them to pay for a meal." I laugh. So like Miga to only do aegyo when she needed it most. "Oh!" Miga suddenly runs ahead, "Look!" She was pointing at a food truck up ahead. "I think they're selling ice cream! Can we get some?" She looked so cute jumping up and down in her princess outfit. "We just ate" Miga huffs frustratingly. "Pleeeeeeease? Pleeeeeeease?" She's grabbing my arm. This is hard. She's doing aegyo, and I love food, but I want to see how far she'll go. "Call me oppa then." Miga doesn't even hesitate, "Opp-a!" She said it in such a cute, high pitched way that I all of a sudden start laughing to the side. I'm squatting at the side of the street for some reason. Miga joins me, "So, can we get ice cream?" I nod, trying not to laugh again.

"Kamsamnida oppa!" She links her arm in mine as me walk down the street. "Don't they look like such a cute couple?" A few ahjumma's commented. I start to blush and so does Miga. She drops her arm to her side, and looks shyly to the ground. I look at her, "Come on, cheer up. We're gonna get ice cream!"