MiGa: A Talk with my Brother

"I'm bored." Mancy says for the fifth time, staring up onto the ceiling from where she lay on her bed. I ignore her for the fifth time as I continue to write down lyrics.

Today, Wreath didn't have any schedules. Dezi and Younggi have separate schedules, and RiSe flew to Japan for promotions. That left the rest of us stuck in our dorm.

Tcuy, Jimin, and Andrea all left to some amusement park or something since they were being so loud. Mancy didn't go because of some episode in a drama coming out. Kuni came down with a cold. I wanted to stay home and work on another song.

The drama episode came out after countless whining from Mancy. She was quiet for exactly one hour and thirteen minutes, then she started whining again about how she didn't have anything to do.

"Check up on Kuni again." I say, annoyed. "But I already did five times in the past hour!"
"You've complained five times in the past hour."

"But still. I'm bored."

I sigh, and put on my headphones, even though I'm not listening to any music. It just makes you look cooler. I write down some lyrics.

A phone rings. I thought it was Mancy's since nobody ever calls me.

I was wrong.

"Yoboseyo?" Mancy pauses. "Oh! Ni Hao! Ni shi... oh! It's nice to finally meet you." I slowly take off my headphones. Why is Mancy talking in Chinese?

Unless...

"Oh! Miga's gege." Mancy barely got the words out of her mouth before I lunged at her.

"Chun Manshan!" I use Mancy's Chinese name. "Give me my phone!"

Mancy shrieks, and I tackle the phone out of her hand. She runs out of the room.

I breath in, then start talking super fast in Chinese. "Who is this. Brother one or brother two."
"This is your beloved brother two."

"Why are you calling me all of a sudden."
"What, I can't call my sister now?"

I sigh, "It's just that you never call as much now that both of our schedules are busy."
"Well I had to call."

"Why?"
"I heard from a fan that my sister is now married?"

I got my head into my desk.
"You called me to tease me?"

"No this is an important matter. I want to meets this husband of yours. Apparently he's Korean and from an idol group."
"Yes. That is true."

"Mother is overjoyed. She says that BTS makes a lot of money. It's too bad you guys aren't actually married."
"Of course Mother is happy that my virtual husband is quote unquote 'rich'"

"Well moving along, I want to meet him."
"What?! No. He's not even my actual husband. Don't come. Don't you dare or I will kill you."

I can feel him rolling his eyes right now, "Geez sis, I just want meet my only sister's husband."
"But you can't speak Korean and he can't speak Chinese."
"Well you can speak both. You can be the translator."

"But still, you are NOT coming here just to tease me."
"Too late," he taunts, "I already called the WGM crew and they agreed. I even cleared my schedule for next month so I can come to Korea."

I grip my phone tighter, "Wait, Yang Hekai isn't coming right?" I ask, referring to our eldest brother. He's not as playful as brother number two, as I like to call him.

"Why would he come? He's studying too hard to follow his dreams. Why do you think we both took up the jobs we have if it wasn't for our family?" He speaks softly.

"Well anyways, see you next month!"
And he hangs up.

I groan, and throw the phone at the wall in frustration. Macy rushes in.

"I heard the sound of a phone making contact to a wall." She looks at me mock seriously, "MiGa. No matter how angry you are, do not hurt your phone. It's for your own good."

I flip down onto my bed. "My brother is coming to meet Jin."

Mancy's eyes widen.

"But still, you shouldn't throw your phone."

I throw a pillow at her.