Jin: Departure

I look around, mentally ticking off the list of things I need to bring.

Clothes. Check.
Charger and cords. Check.
Laptop. Check.
Swimsuit. Check.
Mario figurine. Check.

Okay, I think I'm all set. "Anything else?" I mutter to myself. Ruffling my hair, I take in the objects in my room. My eyes land on the leather case resting on my bedside table. Hurriedly, I jump up and grab it. It's not like I'll need my glasses, as I'll probably be wearing contacts the whole time, but still. You never know when contacts will fail you. I stuff the case into my suitcase and close it.

I stood up. "Finally." I breathed a sigh of relief. I was all set to go to the airport tomorrow. Now I can finally sleep.

I still couldn't believe it. I had no idea how my manager and company was able to clear my schedule so I could go to China. Of course, I still had to practice for our new comeback, and promote a little in China. I was apparently going to go on some talk show with Miga. Miga was ecstatic once she found out that she really was going to China. She hadn't visited in almost a year. But she was packed with schedules already.

She had texted me yesterday, stressing about how much stuff she had to do once she got to China. Already, companies were asking for endorsements, CF's were scheduled to be shot. She would appear on multiple variety and talk shows. She was even guest starring on some drama. I didn't have as many schedules, but I felt bad for her. She didn't even have time to visit her hometown at all.

There was nothing I could do, though. I could only offer words of encouragement.

Nevertheless, Miga was excited to go back to China and speak her mother tongue. I, on the other hand, can't speak Chinese at all. I studied a little, but two days was not enough time to learn a language. Heck, my Korean isn't even that good.

My phone buzzed, and I picked it up. Miga had messaged me, asking if I was looking forwards to tomorrow.

Not for the early plane ride, that's for sure.

Miga responded with a laughing emoji.

You should be sleeping right now. Early plane ride.

Miga replied with a frowning emoji.

Alright, oppa, I'll sleep. But you sleep too!!!

And that was followed by a message with a bunch of emoji.

I smiled. Even when texting, Miga has aegyo. And it seems as if she just discovered the use of emoji.

"Goodnight," I whispered softly and shuffled to my bed.

*****

I awoke to the shakes of my manager. "Five more minutes," I mumble, not even opening my eyes.

"Get up or we're going to be late for the plane ride."

감자...

Wait, plane ride?

I shot up in my bed, my dream instantly out of my mind.

"We're going somewhere... today," I mumbled. My manager rolled his eyes. "Yeah, glad you figured that out. Now get up." He pulled my sheets off and dropped them onto the floor. I made a weird gurgling sound once the cold air hit me.

"You have ten minutes." And then I heard the door click shut.

Still bleary-eyed, I stumbled out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I don't remember the last time the dorm was this quiet. All the other members were still sleeping.