MiGa: First Date

I start walking. I'm thankful that the heels are wedges. I can walk in wedges. Jin's walking super slow though. "You know, you're really slow, and I'm the one wearing heels." He laughs and catches up with me. He smells nice. Stop it Miga. You sound like a stalker. I look down at my feet.

"You're almost the same height as me." I look up. "Oh, I think it's because I'm wearing heels. Why, do you not like it that I'm almost as tall as you?" I've never really paid attention to my height. I'm not considered tall, but I'm not considered short. I'm in the middle. "Ani. I like girls that are tall." I look down again, feeling my cheeks growing hot.

"Miga." I don't bother looking up. It might make me more embarrassed. "How old are you?" I look up now. I think. Should I say my Korean age? Of course you should. You're in Korea. "Korean age, I'm 24." That means Jin is 2 years older than me? I think so. "So you're two years younger than me?" I nod. "Should we drop formalities?" I think. Of course I don't want to keep calling Jin sunbae-nim, but I'm not sure. Should I act more like myself? Just ask Miga! The most he'll think is that you're weird, but that's true. "Can I ask you something?" He said yes of course. "Can I...um," I chew the bottom of my lip nervously, "I know this might sound weird, but can I, perhaps call you, hyung?" There. You said it Miga. You did it. It wasn't so bad now. Was it?  Everybody in Wreath calls guys older than us and younger than us hyung. I guess it fits with our boy group concept, but I've just always find myself more comfortable calling somebody hyung." He asks me why, and I explain my lame explanation, but it's the truth.

You shouldn't have done that Miga. Now he thinks you're weird. "Sure." I look at Jin confused. he did not just way... "You can call me hyung if that makes you comfortable." I suddenly smile. Jin's the first person who actually let me call him hyung. "Kamsamnida!" Without thinking much, I wrap my arms around him. I feel him stiffen and I realize what I'm doing. I awkwardly put my hands down. "Mianhe." I look down, trying not to blush. Jin says something, but I can't make it out. 

We finally arrive at the cafe. I brighten up as I smell coffee. We find a seat next to the window, or rather the producer's do. It's perfect since sunlight is filtering in. It's just like a scene from a drama. I smile. We both get our mikes checked, and a makeup unnie fixed my hair. We order, and after, we start telling each other about ourselves. I learn that Jin's an only child. I explain to him about dialect in China. He nods along, but I don't think he understands. It's cute seeing him try though. The waitress comes with our drinks, and we both brighten up. I think we both share the same love for food.

We both start drinking when I realize Jin hyung's drink is hot chocolate. "Hyung. You don't like to drink coffee, right." Jin nodded. I feel guilty. I didn't ever ask Jin if he liked coffee or not. "Mianhe! I should've asked if you wanted to go somewhere else." I felt so guilty. "It's okay, besides, I was the one who suggested it." I shake my head, "Still, I'll have to make it up to you." I said more to myself firmly. I saw Jin smiling to himself.

Jin calls my name. I look up from where I was stirring my drink. "You're going to address me as hyung, but what should I address you?" I think for a moment. I've always wanted to be called noona, but Jin's older than me. I heard some couples in Korea call each other Jagi. No. I'm not from Korea. I think of some Chinese nicknames, but all of them sound stupid, or I don't think Jin can pronounce it. I think of a nickname people call me. No. I hate it when people call me that. But I'd love to hear Jin say it once. I smile. "Can you call me MiMi?" He seems to be a little surprised with my answer, but then nods and smiles. I look into his eyes. They sparkle when it's reflecting the sunlight.

Once we finished our drinks, we walked around the downtown area. I'm glad it's still pretty early, and none of the students aka. fangirls of Jin, are swarming us.  "MiMi" I smile. He said it. My life is now complete. I can die in peace. I usually hate it when my members call me MiMi, but when Jin says it, it sounds so different. "I was just wondering who else you call hyung." I think, "Just about everybody! Exo sunbae-nims, NCT, and now you. I sometimes call my members hyung if I'm annoyed. It's either hyung or ge." I look at Jin's confused face and start explaining what 'ge' means. I also tell him that I call my boss hyung before. It was true, but it was an accident. Now, our members say it to Lee- Sooman for fun when he's in a good mood.

"Mig-," Jin starts to call me by my actual name, but he remembers to call me by my nickname. I secretly smile, "MiMi, you can take off the crown if you want to." I touch the crown on my hair. I completely forgot it was there. "Ani! Oppa gave it to me, so I should keep it on." 

"Oppa?" I stop in my tracks. I was speaking freely, and I didn't even notice I said oppa until it popped out of my mouth. That was a first. I usually struggled to call somebody oppa which was why I call them hyung in the first place. I guess Jin just has this oppa-y vibe to him. I kind of apologize to Jin, but he's smiling. He tells me to keep calling him oppa. Might as well.

I suddenly see an ice cream truck. I haven't had ice cream in so long, that I suddenly really crave ice cream.  I run up ahead, to make sure it's an ice cream truck, and then turn around to Jin. "Can we go get some?" I ask. I jump up and down a little. I couldn't jump too high because I was in heels and falling can damage the mikes. And me. "We just ate," Jin was looking at me teasingly. I let out a breath of frustration. I grab his arm and cling onto it. "Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaase?" I do my best aegyo. He's smiling. "Call me oppa." I don't hesitate. I've done this a thousand times to my hyungs for food. "Opp-a!" I do a little jump and pop out the 'p' sound. Jin starts laughing and squats down as he controls his laughter. 

I sit down on the curb with him. "So, can we get ice cream?" He sighs, trying not to laugh again and agrees. I clap, and we begin walking. Without thinking much, I but my hand around his arm. A few old moms walk past us and comment, "Aren't they such a -- couple?" I didn't understand everything she said, but I saw Jin blushing, and I pull my hand down to my side. I'm blushing now too. 

He puts and arm around me, resting on my other shoulder, "Come on, cheer up. We're going to get ice cream!" I smile. Not because of the ice cream, but because his arm was around me.