Jin: Shopping

I leant closer to Miga, who was watching something intently on her phone. She pushes me away. "Shhh, I'm trying to watch this." I see some good-looking guy on screen in a grey uniform. "What, is this guy more important than me?" I ask.

Miga ignores me and shifts to another position. She tucked her knees up, curled up into a ball, she held her phone between her thumb and pinky finger and continued watching. I realise what she's watching.

"No way, you watch Produce 101?" I ask. She turns her head. "What, is there a problem with that?" I shake my head. "I just..." I lean in and focus on the screen. They're announcing fifth place, I think. I hear BoA sunbaenim announce the name and some red-haired person made is way up. Was it Kim Youngmin or something? Eh, I mainly only know Moonbok and Sungwoon since they're friends of Taehyung and Jimin.

Miga gasps and smiles. "Are you a fan of him or something?" She ignores me. Wow. Remind me never to start a conversation with her when she's watching whatever she's watching. He does a weird dance that he calls the "alpaca dance" and then sits in his seat.

Now is that really dramatic part in which they show the final four contestants that'll be in the top four. Gasp. Wow. BoA announced fourth place. "He was the centre, wasn't he?" I ask. Miga nods, "Congratulations. I'm proud of you."

Then, it's third place. Miga gasps again, but this time, it's not an excited one, it's a sad one. "No. Jihoonie."

"You're calling him Jihoonie now?" She's like one of those fangirls. "Jihoon used to be an SM trainee. Of course, he's my fixed pick. Along with Jung Jung but..." Miga sighed. "I remember training with Jihoon once. Of course, we were put in different classes after a few weeks, but we knew each other."

Jihoon sits on the chair that has a number three painted on it. Then, the camera zooms into the two remaining candidates. I point to one of the people. "He looks really surprised for some reason," I comment. Miga nods. "That's Lai Guanlin. He's from CUBE and I guess he's so surprised since he's now in the top 2. He was rank 5 last time, so I guess it's surprising. But at the same time, Daehwi rose six ranks and Youngmin rose seven. But second is pretty high."

I blink. So many names to process. "And that's Jonghyun from Pledis. He was first last week and I'm rooting for him again. It's not that I don't like Guanlin, it's just that Jonghyun deserves it more in my opinion." I squint at the screen. "Isn't he from Nu'est?"

I remember Namjoon blasting their songs throughout the dorm singing off-key. Hello was stuck in my head for weeks after that.

Before we can find out who's first, the car pulls to a stop in front of a mall. Miga automatically turns off her phone and gives it to her manager. We exit and we're given the money we collected from before. They tell us to just buy whatever we want as long as it's in our price range.

"Okay, is there anything you want to buy?" I ask Miga. We're inside the mall, just walking together and window-shopping. Miga shrugs. "I don't really care that much." Right when she says that, she grabs my hand and pulls me inside a shop. "Look at this!" She pulls a hoodie off a shelf.

Unravelling it with one hand, she reveals what is etched onto the front of the hoodie. It was a vest with the letters BTS in white. "How did you know that it was a BTS sweater?" I asked. All the sweaters were stacked on top of each other, nothing showing except for the black.

Miga points to a sign at the front door. 'BTS hoodies and merchandise in here!'

"I have common sense. Unlike somebody I know." I blink. "Wow, who could that possibly be?" I wonder.

"Yeah, I wonder." Miga agrees nonchalantly. She heads over to one of those skinny racks which were really cool since half of it was hidden behind a wall. You had to spin the rack around to see all of the clothes. And I liked clothes. And spinning things.

I realise now that Miga still hasn't let go of my hand, so I stare at our hands while Miga looks at the clothes. "Ooh, look at this." She pulls out a dress from the rack.

The dress's top part was styled like a loose t-shirt. The waist part that separated the white top had crinkled the bottom making it seem like a t-shirt tucked into a skirt. Upon closer inspection, I see the BTS logo at the left chest side, contrasting against the white top.

"I like it," I say, not referring to a Sistar song. "I feel like we're just going shopping for fan merchandise or something." Miga nods. "Oh, it's definitely for merchandise."

"Don't you like the dress though? The best part about it is the back, though." She flips it around. On the back was my name along with the numbers 94.

"I like this dress a lot more now," I say. Miga smiles. "It's 20,000 won," She says. "You up for it?" I nod. "It has my name on it. Why wouldn't I be 'up for it?'" 

We make our way to the front, where we pay for the dress. I'm holding the shopping bag now in one hand, Miga's hand in the other. I swing the bag, which is an old habit of mine. Every time the bag descends, it hits my knee lightly. I don't know why, but I just love the feeling of the weight on my knee. 

"We should get something for you now," Miga says. "Since we got something for me." 

After about half an hour, we already had spent half of our money. I got a Mario figurine, and Miga and I both got matching couple bracelets. They were these lokai bracelets with the beads being a transparent dark pink colour. We bought a bunch of other little trinkets as well. 

"We only have twenty thousand won left to spend," Miga says, counting the money contained in the small envelope. 

"Okay, twenty thousand won..." I think of where we can go with twenty-thousand won. My eyes land on the map that's located near one of the exits of the mall. "How about the food court?" I suggest. Totally not hinting that I'm kind of hungry. As we make our way closer, I can see the restaurant names as well. 

"There's some place where I'm guessing has really good chicken," I comment. Miga once again smiles at me. "We just can't seem to escape food, huh." I nod. "And is there a problem with that?"

Miga shakes her head. "No, not at all." 

*****

A/N: Well a bunch of my favourites got eliminated from Produce 101... at least Daehwi went up 6 ranks, which I'm super happy about. And I laughed so hard at all of Brand New's reactions. Like Woojin rejecting Youngmin's hug and their reaction afterwards. I literally laughed to tears and then my parents were looking at me all funny. Also, YASSS Donghyun actually made it to the top 35 like BLESS.

Anyhow... I'm freaking out about my grades since it's almost the end of the school year now. I currently have all A's but I have one particular class in which I have a REALLY REALLY (cues Winner song cuz why not) low A on. And since our teacher grades really harshly, I'm afraid my grade's gonna drop to a B and then my whole world will collapse because yes, I am THAT much of a nerd. 

For science, we dissected something today. And what was this amazing and utterly large specimen that our science teacher hyped us all up for? A *melodramatic gasp* LIMA bean. Wow. Much fun. Much wow.