WGM ep. 40

Told from Miga's point of view

*****

Coming back from filming, I was in a pretty happy mood. I was always happy after filming. "Oh?" I was surprised when I saw Rise at the dorm, just lounging on the sofa. I thought I was going to be alone or something.

Rise waved a hand at me nonchalantly. I headed over to the kitchen, not really paying much attention to what was playing on the television. Then, I heard the cringe that is my voice and some window wiping laugh. "Is that what I think it is?" I call.

I focus on the ramen in my hands, trying not to listen to Rise's teasing at me. "Can you make me a serving?" Rise asks from the sofa. I give her a thumbs up. All of a sudden, my phone rings. Since I was focusing on the boiling water in front of me, careful not to burn anything, I picked up the phone without checking the number.

Our company gave us numbers that literally nobody could guess anyways. "Hello?" I position the phone between my ear and shoulder. "Mimi-ah." I smile a little, then realise that the voice doesn't belong to the person I thought it would be.

The smile disappears from my face. Immediately, I start talking in Chinese. "W-who is this? Is this who I think it is? A-are you... but that's impossible."

Rise was looking at me weirdly, but I was only focused on the voice coming from the phone. "If you're thinking of Jin, then no, I'm not who you're thinking of right now. But I came back... how long had it been, Mimi-ah."

I dropped the chopsticks in my hands. I didn't care about dinner or Rise or the boiling water in front of me.

"F-father?" He chuckled. "That's a little too formal, isn't it."

I started walking to my room. I needed privacy and I didn't need Rise to think I'm psycho, which I think I am.

"Why are you back. How did you get my number? Do you even have the right to come back? What is it you're asking for. Did you spend all the money you took and now that I'm an idol you're asking for money?"

The more I thought about it, the more I overcame my surprise and anger replaced it.

"Mimi-ah," he said in a calm voice. "I think that you misunderstood everything. I don't know what your mother told you but-"

"You are not pulling that card on me. I know exactly what happened so don't try to lie your way into my life." Anger rose from me and I don't know why. I used to be so close to my father, but I guess my mother got the best of me.

"No, you don't. You don't know my side. Please hear my explanation."

"Why should I?" I challenged. Honestly, living all these years without my father has made me lose respect for him. "Miga." He was using my given name now. I don't know why I felt weird with him using my name and addressing me formally.

"Are you really going to live your whole life without me? Are you going to live without hearing me out? Who do you trust more; me or your mother?"

I opened my mouth to shoot him down but then clamped it shut. "I-I don't know," I end up saying quietly. "Then meet me at the said address I'm going to send you next week. If you don't show up then I won't bother you again and I won't be mad. I accept that you'll be mad at me for the rest of my life and I know that leaving my family is unforgivable."

"Yeah," I mumble, tracing circles on my bed sheets. "It kind of is." He chuckled "Bye Mimi-ah."

"Bye..." I hung up first and sighed, lying down on my bed. I didn't know I would miss my father's voice so much. And even though I didn't want to admit it, I missed him.

*

Three more days...

Three more days until I decide whether or not to meet up with my father. Right now, we were on a plane to China for activities there.

My father had somehow found out that I would be promoting here and sent me the address of some cafe in Shanghai.

"Ooooh." Mancy taps my shoulder and motions to the tv that's attached to the back of the plane seat in front of her. I glance away from my phone and lean over to where Mancy is. Mancy had flipped to the MBC channel, and apparently, they were playing WGM at this time.

"What episode is this?" I ask. I hadn't caught up with the episodes yet so I'm not sure which one's are airing right now. Mancy shrugs. "I don't know, but you guys are going shopping."

I racked my brain of the times we filmed at shopping centres. "I think this was after the NCT episode," Mancy adds. "Ah," I remember now. "Yeah, this one's pretty boring," I say bluntly. Mancy laughs. "Well, I'm still going to watch it because I just looove to see you so girly."

I hit her. "What? I am not girly." Mancy just laughs and continues to look at the small screen. "You are too. See? You're giggling. Giggling. Since when did you giggle?" I turn away from the screen, wrapping myself closer with my blanket. "Aish, whatever."

I close my eyes and snuggle into my blanket. "And see, this is the best part." I slightly cringe at my own voice. "Wahh, I like this a lot more now," I hear Jin's voice. I conclude that Mancy's at the part where I found that really cute dress with Jin's name on the back. I still have the dress in the bag, untouched at the back of my closet.

Mancy grasped my arm. "You got a Jin dress?! And you didn't tell me? WE'RE THE SAME SIZE YOU KNOW WE COULD SHARE WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!" I put a hand over Mancy's mouth and looked around. Luckily, most people were asleep on the plane, so nobody looked our way. "First of all, you don't wear dresses. Second of all, I am not sharing that dress with you."

Mancy pouted. "Great, now I missed part of it." I glanced at the screen, resting my head on Mancy's shoulder. "Are you cheating on Jin with me?" Mancy teases. We were at a figurine shop now. I remember swooning at how adorable all the tiny dolls and sets were while Jin looked for his perfect item to buy.

After Jin bought his action figure, we went to a thrift shop place. It wasn't run-down or anything, but rather, a comfortable store. We played dress-up for a little while, which I remembered was fun. We designed outfits for each other. I was a little evil and gave Jin a fake moustache and this weird grandma jacket with fake rhinestones on it.

In the end, we bought the outfit that we liked best and got a really good deal. I really liked the outfit that Jin had picked out for me, which was a white blouse and some black pants and an oversized yellow cardigan. My favourite part was the black fedora hat that Jin had paired with my outfit.

We found a bunch of matching stuff, like t-shirts and bracelets. "Where is all this stuff?" Mancy asks. I shrug. "I put them in the back of the closet somewhere."

We were just walking around now. They edited the footage so it made our holding hands a big deal or some big stride in our relationship. And of course, we were talking about food. "Food court food isn't even that good," Mancy comments.

I was too comfortable leaning on Mancy and my eyes slowly felt heavy. I mumbled a yes tiredly. "It was delicious for your information."

"It was probably delicious because of the person you were eating the food with." I closed my eyes and shifted my head a little. "Yeah, sure, whatever."

Slowly, I drifted into a light sleep, the sound of my voice and Jin's melting together in the background.

*****

A/N: AHCK... well, today was the last day of school and we did ABSOLUTELY nothing. I don't see why we even needed to go but oh well, such is life. 

I'm happy about the rankings for Produce 101 but at the same time, a bunch of people I liked either dropped or were eliminated. I feel so bad for Donghyun, though. And Yongguk was so close... I just wanted him to debut or something. But Samuel and Sungwoon made me super happy, especially with how supportive Noh Taehyun was even though he knew that he wasn't going to make it. 

Also, I'm going to Asia for the next two weeks on a vacation... which means that I might not be able to update then. And also, it means that I'M GOING TO MISS THE LAST EP FOR PRODUCE 101