MiGa: Songwriting

I clicked through the multiple files and names. No, no, no, why do I even have this, no, and no.

Ugh.

I was currently trying to find a song I had previously composed to use as the song for Jin, since I didn't have enough time to compose, arrange, and write a song from scratch. But everything I found just didn't fit, and the ones that did fit already had lyrics I didn't want to change.

Why are all these songs so sad?

Right. Because I only write about my sad, sad life.

I continued clicking through all the files until I went through all of them. Except one. I moved my mouse so it hovered over the file. No, I couldn't.

2006-7

The songs were all too personal here. But I needed a song. Agh, screw this. I clicked on the file that I hadn't opened in years.

Woah, that's a lot of songs. Slowly I started clicking on each one. Some had my voice and lyrics. My voice sounds so weird in all of those. I should re-record these, but I think it'll only bring back too much unwanted memories. Some of the songs and melodies I had completely forgotten.

Finally, I stopped at one that had no title. It was just a question mark. Clicking on it, I listened. It was actually pretty good, considering I was just starting as a composer. If I arrange this a little, and add a bit, the song could sound decent.

"Miga!!! Dinner!" I take off my headphones, and head to the living room, where we eat. We have a table and everything, but everybody finds it better to gather in the living room and watch tv while eating.

Of course it's just jjajangmyeon. I took the bowl that was in Mancy's hand and plopped down onto the couch. "Yah! That was mine!" Mancy waves her chopsticks in the air. I shrug and just take her chopsticks too.

Mancy's about to protest more, but I point the chopsticks at her. Everybody knows that pointing chopsticks at someone is rude. And if the great and almighty Miga unni points her chopsticks at you, you know she's not in the mood.

"Fine, take my jjajangmyeon. See if I care," she mumbles, going back into the kitchen. Tcuy comes with a bowl in her hands, already slurping up the noodles, and sits down next to me.

I grab the remote, "So, what should we watch?" Tcuy shrugs, more absorbed in the noodles than me. "Ooooh! Let's watch a drama!" Younggi says, "I'm in the mood for a drama."

Usually, there was at least two people who would object, but Rise's at a schedule, and Jimin's somewhere over the rainbow.

I look around, where everybody's gathered. "Alright then, but what drama?" I look at my untouched noodles. I just wanted to finish eating and go back to working on the song, but Dezi's probably going to say we need to spend quality family time together.

Mancy makes a sound, but doesn't start speaking until she's finished chewing half of the noodles in her mouth. "I think Hwarang's on right now." Andrea nods, "Yes! Hwarang, let's watch that!"

I never heard of Hwarang before, but oh well. I shrug and give the remote to Andrea, who does some technology stuff and the drama magically appears.

I don't focus on the drama and instead try to wolf down as much of the jjajangmyeon as I can, glancing up at the drama once in awhile.

"Wait..." I take a double take on the man in the drama, "Is that Minho?" Mancy nods excitedly. "Mmhm! And there's Bwi!"

Okay, what? Oh. Taehyung's there too. "Taehyung's acting?" Andrea nods. I really need to pay more attention to the news and stuff.