WGM ep. 25

Told from a fan's point of view

*****
'Tis the season to be jolly

I smacked myself in the head. Why do I still have Christmas songs in my head? Ugh.

I stared at the rotating dot, telling me that my computer was lagging. School computers are always horrible.

It was currently activity period, and I was lucky enough to have the computer lab for the period. Unluckily, none of my friends are in my class. So I'm always that nerd who just sits in the corner of the lab, with headphones, looking at God-knows-what while everybody else goofs around.

I'm not complaining, though. I mainly just spend the period browsing through K-pop stuff. And Fridays... god bless Fridays.

Finally, my computer logged into my account. A picture of J-Hope that I set as my background greeted me. I quickly launched a search browser and typed in my... not-sketchy website to see if the new WGM episode came out.

Luck must be on my side today, as the whole episode was subbed already. I glanced at the clock as I clicked on the video. I still have forty minutes.

The video started playing. First, Jackson and Youngji, which I watched intently. I had to keep myself from laughing so much at their bickering.

I wish I could have that kind of relationship. But then again, there are no guys in this school that are even half-decent. Except for the seniors. And I ain't talking to one of them.

The panelists started talking about last week's episode. "I'm pretty sure that the surprise isn't going to be a big one. Like, it's probably a dinner or something," Mancy said. She was the guest panelist for this episode. Trust Mancy to be so blunt and straightforward about everything.

"Well let's see if you're right then." They cued the video.

"I'm hungry." I laughed inwardly at the first line of the video. Miga and Jin were getting out of the car. They were handed an envelope, which Jin accepted and started to open.

"I really hope there's food in there," Miga remarks. "It's not food."

"Wow, way to state the obvious," Mancy exclaims. "I can see that," Miga says, as she motioned to the paper. "But it's something close to it."

Miga grabs the card out of Jin's hands and reads it aloud. "Dinner will be at the Yei He Restaurant. You have one hour to get ready and please dress formally."

"Yei He? Where's that?" One of the MC's asks.

"No way. Yei He is like, one of the most famous restaurants ever. Gasp! Are we really eating there? Really? We're really eating there!!!"

"She looks so excited," an MC says. "I told you that it was going to be food," Mancy says.

The video went to the interview room, where Miga explained how good Yei He was. "There's a bunch of really good food there. Mainly, they're most famous for their shao long bao, which is like a dumpling with soup in it." Miga sighs at the name of it. "It's really good. So I was excited to see how they tasted in one of the most famous restaurants in China."

Miga points at the card, "It says that we have one hour to get ready."

"Let's meet up in an hour then," Jin suggests. Miga nods in agreement. The video cut to a door, where Miga opened the door so only her head popped out.

"Wah, look at her hair. Since when did she learn that?" Mancy asks.

"I'm self-conscious right now," Miga says while smiling sheepishly. "Well, I guess this is the self-reveal." Miga slowly opened the door and revealed her outfit. The MC's started to marvel. "So pretty~"

I scanned my mouse through that part. I had skipped to when Jin saw Miga in her outfit.

Okay, too cringy.

I skipped through that part, looking at the time in my computer screen's corner. Urggg I need to power through this. I skipped to them in the restaurant. A slow motion video of a pair of chopsticks tearing through the dumplings, soup spilling out, made my mouth water. Miga and Jin were marveling and clapping over the dumplings before eating them. They had a challenge for who could eat the most dumplings in a minute.

It resulted in Miga accidentally spitting out some soup, which caused Jin to laugh. So in the end, both their plates were very very messy. "I won!" Jin exclaims. "Yeah, yeah, whatever." Miga takes out a napkin from the holder and wipes Jin's mouth, which caused the MC's to make a big deal out of it.

Then, the steak came. Another slow-motion video of a knife cutting through the meat, juice leaking out took up the screen. Why am I torturing myself with this? At this very time, one of the 'popular bishes' as I like to call them, leaned over, catching sight of my computer screen. I ALT+TAB-ed too late. "Was that food?"

Korean words were filling my headphones, telling me the video was over and Miga and Jin were probably saying something really funny as there was laughing and I don't know what they're saying because this stupid person keeps trying to see what I'm doing. I continued to pretend to type out this essay that I was probably going to finish at the last minute some other day. Eventually, my fellow student turned away from me and my screen and continued to make a loud ruckus with the other Populars.

I went back to the other window and continued to watch what was going on. I contemplated whether or not to rewind the video as now it was just a recap of Miga and Jin talking after the dinner with pretty music in the background, but since the period was about to end, I decided to just continue watching.

The video came to an end, and next week's preview came on. I don't know why, but I always love the previews. They're just more interesting to me. It gives me something to look forward to. And thank whoever subbed the video for also providing subs for the preview too.

So they're going to a library, huh. It showed a clip of Miga being a troublemaker, commenting on everything the teacher did and in the last few seconds were of a close-up of Miga... sleeping? Well, I'll just find out next week.

The bell suddenly rang. Everybody was already shuffling out the door while I was still signing out of the computer. I don't know why everybody's getting out of here so fast. I mean, I have math next and I'm not looking forward.

*****
A/N: OMG I JUST DISCOVERED K. WILL'S PLEASE DON'T. I hate myself for not seeing this earlier but the ending killed me. Killed. Me. RIP me.