MiGa: Library

"Ooooh, check this out," I say to Jin.

We were currently filming in the hotel room where we were told to "chill."

"My dongsaengs just made a comeback!" I clicked on the NCT music video. Jin looks from his phone. "Look at Renjun! He looks so amazing with red hair!" Jin looked at me, "Hey, remember me? Your husband?"

I laughed and opened my mouth to reply, but a crew member held out a red envelope. I reached out and grabbed it.

MiGa Jin

Jin doesn't seem too comfortable speaking Chinese. Go to the library and study the language.

"Wait a minute, what about me? I mean, I'm pretty sure I don't need to study the language I grew up speaking."

"Well can't you accompany your poor husband? Or have you replaced me with Renjun." I laughed. "Renjun's seventeen, Jin."

*

"What is eighteen times sixteen?" The teacher asked in a calm voice. Jin looked dumbfounded and I just groaned. "Excuse me, miss teacher, but this isn't a math class. I know Chinese, I'm just not good at math."

I know I was being annoying but I really hate when teachers bring other subjects into lessons. I mean, I'm not even here to learn this, let alone math. I watched Jin try to make out what she was saying. I find it weird how somebody only hears gibberish when I hear a sentence.

The teacher continued to teach whatever language stuff. I began zoning out halfway through her explaining the numbers.

"Ahem." I opened my eyes to see the teacher looming over me. I realized I had accidentally fallen asleep. "Uhh, sorry?" I said sheepishly. The teacher didn't respond and instead went to her desk to get something. She slammed a piece of paper in front of me on my desk. "Since you think you have the right to complain and then fall asleep in my class, please read aloud this poem."

I glanced at the multiple words written in that traditional format. "Uhhhh, yeah okay." I blinked again at the ink. I started to slowly recite the poem. When I was done, I proudly put the paper down. "You didn't read it fast enough," the teacher said. "Look, I'm not a rapper. I naturally say things slow."

The teacher glared at me for a good five seconds before pointing at the door. "Out." I held back a smile. "You must have been a great student in class," Jin whispered to me as I gathered my things. This time I smiled, "Yeah, I was great. I'm surprised I lasted this long, actually." I scurried out of the room. Half of the camera crew followed me out.

Once we were out, the director burst out laughing. Loud. "That was wonderful Miga! The sarcasm you gave, how you fell asleep! Ha. I laugh out loud. I mean, did you see the look on the teachers face? Priceless!" I laughed uneasily. "I'd hate to be your teacher!"

"Uhh, director-nim. We're still in the library." I may hate school and classes, but I still liked the library. Plus, I don't want one of those angry librarians to come over and hiss at us or something. "Well, is there anything else you want to do? We still need to film Jin in there, so what about you? How about you just rest for now." I nod. "Is it okay if I browse for some books?" The director shrugged, "Sure, why not."

My manager insisted on following me just in case I was bombarded by fans which I thought was highly unlikely. Who goes to a library on the weekends?